Snitchies Terrain Emporium Updated 17 July

Just finished a new temple/mausoleum with a charnel pit.  Foamex construction with wood dowel pillars.  The details pillars are real old oop confrontation pillars.  The plate for the charnel pit and the lettering on top were from Green Stuff World and the statue is Bones 92606.

IMG_1548.jpgIMG_1553.jpgIMG_1549.jpg

• Like 18
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting a new project as I can never have enough of them.  Since I finished my standing stones and visited Waylands Smithy last weekend I have decided to build a Long Barrow.   Here is a photo of the real thing,

IMG_1631.jpg

I am not particularly happy with the foam that I am using but with the current situation you have to work with what you have.  Started by cutting the interior rooms, shaping the hill and dressing the interior and exterior with foam stones. 

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Slopes were added using pollyfilla.

IMG_1642.jpg

Foam was primed and sand and details were added to the interior.

IMG_1643.jpg

The interior will be visible but not accessible on this model.  I will paint the interior first then finish building the rest of the hill.

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 16

Work for the day. 

I pollyfilled the top, added a sand texture and primed black.  In this photo I have used a red brown colour for the base highlight on all ground and stones.

IMG_1655.jpg

I highlighted the stones with a dark grey and then highlighted all ground and stones with Khakie

IMG_1658.jpg

Then I applied filter washes (thinned down inks)

IMG_1667.jpg

One more highlight of Khaki on the stones to tone the filters down.

IMG_1668.jpg

Tonight I have already started on the flocking and now see that I forgot to do the last filter of green to simulate moss. 

Hope you like.

• Like 16

Finished up the flocking last night.  It only needs to have felt added to the bottom to finished it up.  I am just out of spray adhesive at the moment so that will have to wait.

IMG_1671.jpg

Just a mix of static grass various tufts and a bit of light green highlight on the grass.

Another hallway shot with the flash. 

IMG_1675.jpg

In normal lighting the whole tunnel is visible. 

Here are some shots with minis for scale.

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Undead naughty bits in the next image. Shot with a flash.

Spoiler

IMG_1682.jpg

Hope you like.

Edited by snitchythedog
Missing words
  • Like 12