Snitchies Terrain Emporium Updated 17 July

Posted (edited)

Major construction on the interior is finished.  Just have to cap and fill the voids between the interior and exterior walls and fill gaps.  The alcoves where the bodies are held are slotted so they could be painted separately.

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

Once I finish the inside I will start on the exterior. 

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 12
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started on the exterior.  Slow going as Foamex is a bit of a pig to texture.  Just some photos.  Lots of gap filling and more exterior stonework still to go. 

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2190.jpgIMG_2192.jpgIMG_2193.jpgIMG_2194.jpg

More photos on my blog if you are interested.

• Like 9

My entry for Build Something Competition over on LAF.  I did not make it past the first round as all of the entries were so well done.  Now that I am out I can post some completed photos.  I built some marsh bases.

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

• Like 11

I like the marshes, no matter what anyone else says. I entered a Charlie Foxtrot models competition with fields last year. I got quite a few likes, but I didn't place either. I think the maker was looking for projects that highlighted his WWII buildings, not an Egyptian field. 

• Thanks 1

Finished construction on my newest temple.  Now I need to fill up the gaps over the next few evenings. 

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

There are complete photos of the interior and exterior on my blog if you are interested.

• Like 11
Posted (edited)

Quick update as there is more to do.  I still feel I am missing something on the sides and back.  It does not quite work for me just yet.  More photos on my blog if you are interested.

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2233.jpgIMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 6

That is looking absolutely stunning, and so very very big!  What is the weight like?  It looks like you have used a mix of lightweight materials with some heavier elements and detailing?

Anyway I have subbed to the blog, and will have a good read tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Edited by Dan S
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Dan S said:

What is the weight like?  It looks like you have used a mix of lightweight materials with some heavier elements and detailing?

Thanks for the comps.  Had not weighed it until this morning.  8 1/2 pounds.  23 X 13 X 9 inches.  The foamex is light but there are three layers per wall so it adds up with all the other elements.  I need to get a bigger Frostgrave building box as all of mine are 35 L Really Useful Boxes and this one will not fit in the bottom, 

• Like 1