• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That looks good!

Thanks for the comps.  Building them gave me a reason to make more rubberized horse hair as I ran out and am too cheap to order some when I have the materials on hand. 

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Starting another project.  I have always wanted a modular cave system but was torn between making small fully modular sections or larger set tiles.  Both have their pluses and minuses.  I ended up deciding to do 12 inch square set tiles.  It will be modular enough for what I want to do and it will be more practical to store.  Based on foamex walls with bark and spackle texturing.  First one is pretty much done.  Just need to tone down the pottery and skeleton a bit.  Hope you like.

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

Hope you like.

• Like 7

I finished two more sections. 

First has three parallel hallways.  The highlighting is a bit strong but it is usable. 

IMG_2774.jpg

Second has one large chamber and two dead ends.

IMG_2775.jpg

More broken pots.

IMG_2776.jpg

A couple of shots with minis for scale.

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

There are more photos on my blog if you are interested.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I was asked on another forum for a how to. Here is a quick an dirty run down of the process. 

Built the basic structure out of foamex and liquid nailed chunks of bark onto the walls and floor.  Filled the voids with foam.  Glued some 3d printed pieces that will end up textured too.

IMG_2788.jpg

Made a piping bag out of baking paper. Used the bag to put blobs of filler in between the chunks of bark and then used a wet brush to texture the filler.

IMG_2789.jpg

Once all of the spaces are covered in filler and set I add bits such as permanent details and rubble.  

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 5