Snitchies Terrain Emporium Updated 29 January

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update on the house of the chattering skulls.  There are a fair few more photos on my blog if you are interested.  First is another interior element.  A magical mirror/portal that was done with shrinkidink and resin.  I will need to tone down the frame to get the color pallet right in the building. 

IMG_3582.jpg

Next I built the building itself.  It is in two pieces so I can access to paint and detail. 

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

Next are some photos with some of the interior elements in place.

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

I will need to work up some more interior elements as there is still space in there to detail.  Hope you like.

• Like 6

People ask: "When does a mini truly feel alive to you?" and most people answer, "When the face is finished." Which, of course, makes sense. It's a human thing. For me, the terrain version is when the piece has a definite name. 

I'm loving the build. Far too gory for my table, but I think it's going to look amazing when it's done. I've never seen shriny dink, so that was really interesting to me. I love the final effect. The resin skull is neat, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the kind words all. 

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Far too gory for my table, but I think it's going to look amazing when it's done.

It is the subject matter.  There is no way to do a non-gory necromancer. 

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

Going to have to remember the detachable walls for terrain if I ever get into creating some.

It makes it easier.  Also remember to do at least two entrances or exits as no one will go into a dead end. 

Again, thank you all for the kind words.  Splashed some paint on it tonight.  Hoping to finish up tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 1

Just another quick build. 

Every one knows the term “visiting the happy pilgrim.” 

IMG_3630.jpg

What many do not know is where that term came from.  In pre-frost Fealstad, Mathesar was a well known figure.  He wrote many parchments on the health benefits of pigs urine that are still relevant today and his Emporium of Wonders is a must see for any adventurer that happens upon it.  What most adventurers do not know is the many public conveniences with the happy pilgrim sign were also built by him..  At the time they were considered revolutionary as the residents no longer had to throw their waste onto the street and they had a place to discuss and debate the topics of the day.  

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

Simple box build with ancient Roman/Greek style toilets.  Sponges are plucked blister foam with wrapped wire handles.  Hope you like.  

• Like 8