Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
I realize it's not the weekend, when I usually post up my work, but I'm on a roll lately and decided to push my luck.
I'm trying to continue to push the values, contrast, and simplify my colors.
Tried to keep her to hero colors: Blue, Purple, Red, and some leather.
The real win in this model was the hair. I'm so, so, so, so happy with the hair. Sure, it's on the bold yellow of blonde, but I got the volumes of it. Finally! I've taken a lot of feedback on the hair and just didn't get it. This one finally lined up and blonde felt doable. Keeping the highlights toward where the light hits the bend in the hair has been really tough for me, so this was a win.
Other feedback I used from prior posts that I was given:
1. Used brown liner to, well, brown line things.
2. Pushed the colors as high as I could. Actually the boots are a good example I went too far and it looks less blended.
3. Layered the paint lighter and took more layers to get desired result.
4. Have your palette out first and don't just keep reaching for the next color. (Big, big win)
The areas that still needed help are her skin, the eyes, that weird leather satchel, the detail on the leather straps, edge highlighting, but all that - I still think the hair was my happy moment.
Here's the pictures of the progress.
By the time I got here, I was struggling and really, really rethinking my color choices. I accidently used the purple in the area I meant to use tan. Just keep going with it because that's a learning experience in itself.
Here is where I darkened the leather and red areas with a succubus kiss wash. I needed to deepen the leather color and help bring some shade forward. Questionable doing that again...
Tried to give her blue eyes and then realized that was not working. Went right back to the black dot. Wah wah.
Got this one done and feeling pretty good about it. I'm leaning into thinner paints and smoother transitions. This was a fun one.
As always I'd love your feedback.
(I love his shield)
One of the others I plucked out of the Bones 4 set. It looked fun, so I grabbed it.
* Armor was a fun use of blues added in. I watched Dr. Faust doing something similar to create some really cool effects. Mine obviously not as good, but I think it was alright.
* The skin was a big win for me. I did it as a nice, slow build up and took my time with laying it up. It worked great on her face.
* I was getting lost in the tid bits on her belt, but just used browns and then hlghlighted them up. It actually worked out pretty well. Better than I intended.
* Cape was a slight win, but not perfect.
* Hair went better this time, but I'm still having a hard time pointing out where the light hights on the curved areas.
* NMM on swords. I tried it again and then failed. Wiped it out and covered it up with metallic.
* Flower should have been left with orange color and white tips, but I went too far by connecting the tips across. It lost the deail going with more white. Should have stopped.
* I started using purple ink to separate the plates, but it just wasn't working. I think I need to do more blacklining and not worry about adding in colors.
Overall, she looks good. The win here was the face and some of the highlights.
Progress photo (nearly last photo before finishing it off)
Who's Online 24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)