Sign in to follow this  
ShantyShakin

Ssssquad GoalsssSSSss (pic heavy)

Nice job! The extra time shows - my favorites are the greens and yellow. Very nice definition on the scales!

• Like 2

Agreed.  The extra time really shows.  The scales look amazing.

And I really like the color variety.  They go together, but will be easy to tell apart on the table.

• Like 2

Always love the Nagendra, still have a few left to paint myself. Nice work on the variation of coloring, it does make them more interesting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lt Flowbee
      Hi All,
      Completionist here!  At this point I've got all the SKUs for my Bones 4 Core set except 4.  I'm hoping I missed them somewhere.  I don't see them in the previews section or the reaper site.  Anyone see one I missed?

Name SKU Baba Yaga, Witch KS4-17106 Chaos Warrior KS4-17106 Gauth, Dragon KS4-17101 Half Ogre Fighter KS4-17110  

• By Evilhalfling
      Pig-cart not included. 
      The villager group from bones 4. 
      a few may have had their own threads. 
      this is why I didn't need the villagers of Bones5
      although apparently I did add the prancing peacock KS,  for just a few more people you would find in a tavern . 

• By Jeepnewbie
      Started a new mini tonight. 

• By wickedshifty
      Stone Lurker from Bones 4 

one of my favorite 

• By DragonWyrm
      Now, I have a pile of unpainted stuff. Time to reduce it by some amount. I got all of these from Bones 4, but I think that the rank and file goblins are from the previous kickstarter.
      Since I didn't want to play around with the poses I started experimenting with colour choices. Some classic orange, modern green, royal violet, baby pinks, icy blue and even a grey sorcerer.
      Some other points:
      Batch painted (apart from the experiments) NMM (it really teaches you much when you do it for large amounts of figures, I really love Prussian Blue and wet blending really helps in NMM) Experimented with using Vallejo spray paint: it gets somewhat tacky when it dries for a while, but that disappears when you paint over it with acrylic paint.
      Overall I like the detail on them, but some poses could be more generic for the rank and file goblins. In my personal the large sabre goblin is the worse of, it is a fun and interesting pose, but it only works for 1 goblin. 

Now the photos are not the best (it was getting dark when I got the time to take them. Plus I have yet to make a good photo shoot)

Let us start with Modern Green. The right hand side goblin has one of the better NMM sabres. Currently they have a gloss varnish. 

Royal Violets and Baby Pinks: Both violets and pinks work. Sadly the photo for the violets didn't come out well, so you only get a top down shot of them. 

I also found an old metal miniature at my local hobby store, so I included them here. If anyone knows where it is from I would appreciate if you could tell me: 

Classic Orange: Now my favourite pose from the rank and file goblins is the spear. You can rank them up and they look like a real army! And they have a pose that works for defence, retreat and attack. The photo doesn't really do them justice

Icy Blues and Grey Sorcerer: The sorcerer is a really nice sculpt. He has a nice pet spider on his back. sadly the sun was already pretty low and all other photos didn't come out well. 

I painted the spider as a RedBack. See a lot of them here. 

Armoured Goblins: they are fun, really like those sculpts. There was another armoured goblin in Bones 4  (I previously posted him). I don't think he really fits in with these as a goblin.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)