Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
dwarven tattooed monk
A Thrym Project :: A Custom Miniature developed on Hero Forge and 3D printed by a friend.
Started working on character of mine who is a Dwarven Tattooed Monk. As I mentioned, I created him using Hero Forge, downloaded the .STL, and had him printed elsewhere.
I enjoy using the interface on Hero Forge so far. I have designed and purchased 3 STLs and 2 minis.
Once I received the print, I made a manual adjustment to his skull. An ironic happenstance, given the character's name.
Tor, being a dwarf and confident in his skills against ogres was going toe-to-toe with a rather large ogre with a great club. This is not something unusual so far. The party had been exploring an ogre controlled encampment searching for an item and information for a tribe of centaurs nearby. Unfortunately, Tor suffered a critical hit from the Ogre Champion's club and took a lot of damage when he was already near unconsciousness. He effectively had his namesake applied to his own noggin.
So I removed a large segment of his skull by the patch to approximate the results of his disfigurement once the party ... eventually ... managed to raise him from the dead. His demeanor and appearance was never pleasing to begin with and now it's even worse.
I painted on a primer coat first so I could see where I was removing plastic better. The majority of the work was done with a rounded mini-file as well as a small gouge chisel. I cleaned up the space with a small sanding twig.
For a color scheme, his pallid skin is Reaper's Fair Skin. The coat is Army Painter's D&D Vampire Garments with Army Painter D&D Mouldy Wash. I put the wash over his skin and his hand wraps as well. The coat's trim is just the Vampire Garments again.
For the tans I used Reaper's Desert Sand, Desert Stone, Desert Tan, and Woodland Brown; or some combination thereof. The eye patch, the lining of the coat and the belt are Army Painter's D&D Wraith Black as well as the tattoos on his right and left forearms and the side of his head.
His boots started out as Reaper's Coal Black but I need to reshake the bottle before going back to it.
Yes, I know the pics and the paint wash are a little dark, but the next set of pics will be better lit. I am planning on layering his highlights up to brighter points.
More work to come soon.
Stay Tuned and Safe. Enjoy.
I got the chance to paint up some miniatures for a project to bring the Modest Medusa webcomic into the minaitures world.
These were all sculpted by Brian Phelps, and I think every one of them sculpts is super cute. I'm going to get to do some more of them for backers, since the project is pretty nicely overfunded.
Anyway, here are all of the very cute Medusa minis I painted for them.
Got a little bored with the half-finished things on my desk (which explains why they're all half finished and over two years old... Or eight years, in one case...), So I decided I'd start on something I've wanted to paint to a high level for a long time.
Jeff Grace did a magnificent job sculpting this snake lady, and offering a lot of wonderful opportunity for painters. Although I love love looooooove Marike Reimer's subtly colored studio paint job, I wanted something with a bit more color... Beautiful as they are, Diamondbacks aren't the only snakes in the world, and I like snake-folk that aren't just Brown or green.
So I'm talking inspiration from the lovely Redbellied Snake, a small species of the Eastern USA. Maybe too docile a species to expect as a Gorgon, but I don't mind. Look at the color!
So the plan is to go with the highly saturated red-orange of her scutes, abdomen and face, the relatively dull brown of her back, and a pale bluey green for her dress (I suppose the dress is more or less a chiton, but the more I've looked at it, the more it starts looking like a peplos with sleeves and a very small himation...I dunno). I also intend transparency on the garment, which is why I stayed inside the lines about as well as a kindergartner on Red Bull.
This is about 15 minutes of work, that's all I had during lunch today. I also did not write down my paints, so I'll get that formula tomorrow. I am super excited about that red-orange, though!
So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World
Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.
Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.
Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!
P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight
Who's Online 24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)