Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU FEBRUARY 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

On 2/1/2020 at 5:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION FEB. 1st / 2nd.

Do you like to see Cosplay? Do you Cosplay yourself?

Show us pics!

I have done costume events for decades.  I never did anime cosplay.  Getting tired and old these days, it's not as much fun as it used to be.  Funny you should ask yesterday, I was at an SCA event all day unloading a bunch of costumes from my closet. 

Here's a very old pic of me at Reapercon one year.  

DSCN1818.thumb.jpg.5c62f3aae92f2d7533c72e58a40888f5.jpg

• Like 19

On 2/1/2020 at 9:17 AM, Doug Sundseth said:

Cosplay? Not really.

Unless you count SCA, which I did for several years moderately seriously. But that seems different to me.

Now LARPing, I used to do that all the time. And it seems different from ("different to" for our Old World readers, note the difference from the usage in the previous paragraph :poke:) whatever SCA is. ("Historical reenactment" doesn't really capture SCA, for me.)

By Doug’s standards ^ I need to revise and extend my remarks...

WEEKEND QUESTION FEB. 1st / 2nd.

Do you Cosplay yourself?

No

Show us pics!

The Agents of GRYFF were thorough, there are no pix available of me as a SCAdian. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

A footnote to my post earlier, I don't think this is quite cosplay, but I do shoot competitively in SASS and Zoot Shooting. We shoot vintage guns dressed in period wear.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Corsair said:

A footnote to my post earlier, I don't think this is quite cosplay, but I do shoot competitively in SASS and Zoot Shooting. We shoot vintage guns dressed in period wear.

Not so much cosplay as (caught in the) cosfire then...

• Haha 12

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

Do you use premade battle/dungeon maps for your games or do you create your own?

Depends.  If it's a game like Clank, obviously I use one of the three boards I have. 

If it's tabletop, we'll roll our own terrain, but for BattleTech I will be getting some of the neoprene mats and will just use that particular terrain that's on it.. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

Do you use premade battle/dungeon maps for your games or do you create your own?

I have a vinyl map. I draw on it with wet erase markers.

Sometimes I copy the design off of a preprinted map, sometimes it's a map I drew myself in prep, sometimes I have to design a dungeon as my PCs did something dumb now I have to make up a map while they're rolling for initiative. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

I enjoy drawing my own dungeon maps. But all my Dungeon-Gaming was in the **past before...

DD-MAP-005_POST.JPG

...these ^ were a thing.

**Back then proper Squares was TENxTEN !  They just don’t make squares like they used to

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

Sometimes.

Since I run AL games I tend to stick what calls for, but I do sometimes find something similar if I really like the premade map, like from Heroic Maps or similar.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

Since I am usually doing miniatures battles rather than rpgs, there’s an expectation that we are creating our own...

1B53C5E1-F443-4E9E-910D-CE5A4CF764D4.thumb.jpeg.4c373c5e9b7d1a0cee21aa9125dd5b22.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

I never have, we always just used a Chessex battlemap with wet erase markers. Since I am getting into more 3D terrain building, it's probably only a matter of time before a few get added to the collection though.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

If available, yes. I also draw as needed; use Dwarven Forge as much as possible, and have attempted to start to 3-D print.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION FEB. 3rd.

Not recently; i.e., the last game I ran was about twenty five years ago.

• Like 8