Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Cultists and Leader - Otherworld

Outstanding scroll work and highlighting on the robes - brings these fellows to life - or unlife?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work. The robes still read as faded black and the overall colour scheme with purple tones and warm paper tones really works. 

The freehand on the scroll looks excellent. 

I also enjoy the purple bases. Gives them a cool eldritch glow effect. 

A contrasting colour for the masks would be an idea to emphasise this detail, but otherwise I can't think of anything else to improve them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:14 AM, Peithetairos said:

Great work. The robes still read as faded black and the overall colour scheme with purple tones and warm paper tones really works. 

The freehand on the scroll looks excellent. 

I also enjoy the purple bases. Gives them a cool eldritch glow effect. 

A contrasting colour for the masks would be an idea to emphasise this detail, but otherwise I can't think of anything else to improve them. 

Thanks!

I was going for the look of the 5e dragon cultist pictured in the Lost Mines of Phandelver module which is not very contrasting.  I really like how the models are sculpted so close to this guy, they were perfect for game night so far and will make even more of an appearance in the future. 

Image result for dragon cultist 5e

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshinminn
      I base coated this guy (Otherworld Shadow 1 of 2) in Reaper Nightmare Black (a gorgeous blue-black) and drybrush highlighted with a 50/50 mix of Oceanic Blue and Pure White. 

I think he looks done! Thoughts? Too heavy on the dry brush? I plan to use some Vallejo Ground Texture on the base. Happy to hear comments and criticism.

• By Gadgetman!
      Posted on the off chance that there's any forumites that still haven't discovered Midlam's Kickstarters...    

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/cult-of-the-moon-goddess/description
      Story
      Alberon is a vast and ancient world, with many unknowable mysteries, whether that be in the depths of the earth, across exotic lands and the very heavens themselves. There are thirteen major moons that may be seen in the night sky at different times, and their behaviour, phases and conjunctions are oft studied for omens and portents by astrologers and diviners. Some moons are worshipped as deities in their own right.
      One of the most powerful and ancient moon cults, with devotees in many of the lands and city states which once formed the Old Empire, is the Cult of the Moon Goddess. Little is known of this cult, for it is highly secretive.  What is known is that they worship only one of the moons of Alberon's skies, the old moon.  This moon is said to be able drive men mad and grant great powers to those it favours, when it is full.
      The Cult of the Moon Goddess is not proscribed in Midlam, although in some cities it has attracted heavy sanctions, which has resulted in the cult directing it's wrath on the often patriarchal governments.  But what the cults greater motives are, whether good or ill, it is difficult to say, for their inner workings and identities are protected by sacred oaths.   But you would be wise not cross their path...
      Cult of the Moon Goddess
      A collection of twelve 28mm cultists, for all of your fantasy adventures, from Midlam Miniatures.
      Welcome to our third Kickstarter to cover some of the strange and unusual cults that operate within old Midlam town.
      NOTE:  We aim to ship this May 2020, not May 2022 as it says in the description.  
      We fear the Moon Goddess Cult knows we're onto them and are using their powerful magic against us!
      Will there be a Stretch Goal?
      We typically announce a modest (and most importantly - achievable without delays!) stretch goal of an extra miniature, a week or so into the campaign. This will be free (with no extra postage) for those who back the full pledge (and anyone pledging for one or two miniatures will be able to choose that miniature as one of their reward miniatures).
    • By Joshinminn
      I'm pretty excited about finishing this guy. Stone giant (HT8c) from Otherworld Miniatures. I used Badger's gray airbrush primer, Reaper 09086 Stone Grey and 09087 Weathered Stone 09476 Woodland Brown, Army Painter Dark Tone wash.
      Comments are welcome!

• By Joshinminn
      This is Otherworld Miniatures Barrow Guardian II (model: DM30b). Painted with the Reaper stone triad, and the dark Army Painter Quickshade. Vallejo earth stuff on the base. I am still pretty new to painting, and clearly am too heavy with the drybrush highlighting. Still think he looks pretty cool though. Feedback is welcome!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)