Sign in to follow this  
PaganMegan

Bard's Gate

Bard's Gate is delicious.

Full of adventure, and the seeds for more adventure.

I am already weaving it into my Bounty Board game.

The newest notice is seeking adventurers to take down a minor gang of thieves.

What the notice doesn't say is that the ones doing the hiring is the Wheelwright's Guild. THE major thieves' Guild. :devil:

And that the gang of thieves the party may be hired against aren't thieves, they're vigilantes targetting the Wheelwrights.

• Like 2

I am beginning to agree with Grump about lots of generic urban maps being a good thing.

I didn't need to create a new map for anything, not even the "Thieves' Guild".

I may need to buy more maps. I want a wharf fight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I may need to buy more maps. I want a wharf fight.

Heroic Maps are always good. I like their art style. Reminds me of Hero Quest's slightly stylised art in many ways.

1 hour ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Heroic Maps are always good. I like their art style. Reminds me of Hero Quest's slightly stylised art in many ways.

They make maps for HeroQuest, so not a surprise. ::):

We picked up three bundles of their HQ maps last week, and using the first bundle tonight.

None of their docks are quite what I want, the closest is an entire small town on the water.

I want a tangle of docks and wharfs with teeny tiny buildings on some of the larger wharfs, all for small craft only, nothing bigger than fifty feet for a cargo cog, and most smaller, for fishing, lighters, or as jolly boats.

I will have Grump cobble one in CC3. Maybe make it modular. Something that can be used for a lot of games, anyway. ::): So he won't grump too much.

I remembered lighters right after submitting. ::):

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1

I had an idea for a series of encounters, stolen from Dragon Age.

Remember those annoying city encounters that were all alike, and always took place in the exact same neighborhood?

I am making that a Haunt, if the PCs kill the thugs the first time, I am slapping a fiendish template on the thugs and tieing them to a Summon Monster V spell via the Haunt.

It will trigger ONLY for the party, and no one else will even see the thugs. And they always appear where the party killed them the first time.

They can be avoided, just stay away from that neighborhood, or laid to rest, provide money for their families.

They turned to crime because they were desperate, not because they are evil.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

They make maps for HeroQuest, so not a surprise. ::):

We picked up three bundles of their HQ maps last week, and using the first bundle tonight.

None of their docks are quite what I want, the closest is an entire small town on the water.

I want a tangle of docks and wharfs with teeny tiny buildings on some of the larger wharfs, all for small craft only, nothing bigger than fifty feet for a cargo cog, and most smaller, for fishing, lighters, or as jolly boats.

I will have Grump cobble one in CC3. Maybe make it modular. Something that can be used for a lot of games, anyway. ::): So he won't grump too much.

I remembered lighters right after submitting. ::):

Making maps for Hero Quest is how Heroic Maps got both its start and its name. ::):

Modular would be easier, fixed would look better.

Either way - it is a bunch of rectangles, and easy to make.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

I think it is my favorite city setting.

Not grim and dark, it feels vibrant, hopeful, and full of life, but also full of the troubles life brings.

Did some sewer geomorphs, since sewers and wells seem to call to adventurers.

I could have used them for the old aqueduct in the dungeon crawl. All the water, none of the stink. ::):

They managed to flush their wizard. ::P:

The plummet Becca's character took was where a Roman style arched aqueduct used to be.

I don't think they have started wondering where the aqueduct might have been going, yet. Bard's Gate doesn't need one. ::):

• Like 1