Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Queen: Mini painting club bust by Cyradis

Thank you! The yellow was Kimera on top of Reaper's Buckskin Pale. The Buckskin provided a consistent surface, and the Kimera gave it the oomph. I shamelessly tried to copy the box art for the face. I was thinking of something clever and then got a bit overwhelmed and went "heck with it, I like painting faces, and that's a good example!" It was really good guidance on how to change up the under-eye shadowing which doesn't quite come through as needed on a 28-32mm scale figure, but makes a big difference on a bust.

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ivanmata/the-mechanic?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      This bust is "The Mechanic" a robot mechanic in a post-apocalyptic world.
      Is a high quality resine figure (limited edition) Scale 1/10
      The copies are ready, so the shipment will be immediate once the project is finished
      Thanks to the backers of this campaign, is happening and will be my second miniature :-)
      The approximate shipping costs are:
      Spain: 6€
      Europe: 12€
      USA: 15€
      Rest of america:  15€
      Asia: 15€
      Oceania: 15€
      Africa: 15€
    • By GlenP
      On top of the Sherman Jumbo, I have a new project. This is Frozen Ninja 3D's resin bust of a cloaked gal holding a small flaming dragon. I picked it up ReaperCon last fall.

There are four parts: a base, a robed torsos, a hooded head, and a pair of arms holding the dragon. Over the casting was good, but there were some issues with the resin sheaving (splitting off in layers) in the arms and the underside of the torso. These were sanded down, the given a layer of putty, then further sanded down. You can see the putty in the pics.

I also hollowed out the sleeves and a portion of the hood. These were filled in almost to the opening. I used a Dremel tool and ball cutters to hollow them out and tried to match the inside with the exterior folds.

One unique (to me) thing is the base; there is a two-leve' base with some symbols on it, and small stone house built on top of that. The roof structure is built into the torso's back. It sure beats the usual brass rod...

Pics are where I'm at so far.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

• By Mckenna35
      Some pretty good deals in the early bird specials:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/399883540/orc-warband-collectors-by-yedharo-and-gt-studio-cr

Offering 30mm, 70mm, Busts and 1/10 () Scale figures.  Something for everyone!  

I got the early bird 4 bust deal.  FWIW I have some of their earlier figures and they've been very good quality.
    • By Zanderina
      Sorry, light box died. But ok ish photos of this completed model. A real joy to paint and I probably pick up another at Reapercon! 

-Zanderina 

• By GlenP
      This is the resin bust for the upcoming hair and makeup class at ReaperCon. It's a bit under two inches tall. Standard MSP paints for the hair and flowers. The skin tones are the new Bones paints - Ruddy to Pale Flesh.

Cross posted to the ReaperCon forum.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)