3D Printable Sci-fi Buildings Set #2 is LIVE!!!

WulfsheadeMiniatures

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, WulfsheadeMiniatures said:

What kind of structures were you looking for?

It's more that I tend to game sci-fi in 28mm, so buildings you can't get into aren't as interesting to me - if I were regularly playing at 6 or 10mm this stuff would be perfect.

I'm currently more interested in scatter terrain (such as communications arrays, terminals etc) for filling out what I've got than full buildings.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

if I were regularly playing at 6 or 10mm this stuff would be perfect.

I think that's one problem that affects a lot of skirmish games.  BattleTech (6mm scale) and CAV/DropZone Commander (10mm scale) can have grand skyscrapers that are 3D printed as one piece because conveying the sheer magnitude is a lot easier when a solider on foot is barely 3/8ths of an inch tall, whereas once you go up to 28mm scale those tall buildings require either an insanely large printer, or the design to be one that's set up to be printed in multiple pieces, and be almost seamless when assembled. 

Likewise, something like Thunderhead's Hextech Trinity Tower (sold over at Steel Warrior Studios), which is designed as a table center piece will take up most of the bed on an Ender 3, and can't even be printed as one piece on a Prusa i3 due to the height (the antenna/comms tower would be printed as a separate part), but if it were in 28mm scale one would be looking at going from over 8" tall to something like 22" tall, and boy would it be hard to work around due to that size.  It sure would look downright epic though... 

I've rarely seen any kind of 28mm board with terrain that went any higher than four stories (even for Infinity, a terrain dense game), unless it was a Necromunda board - even Mordheim tended to top put around three, partially because falling even from the second story is dangerous enough... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

It's more that I tend to game sci-fi in 28mm, so buildings you can't get into aren't as interesting to me - if I were regularly playing at 6 or 10mm this stuff would be perfect.

I'm currently more interested in scatter terrain (such as communications arrays, terminals etc) for filling out what I've got than full buildings.

I do have some objects like fuel tanks, pipes and such that I had made for a stretch goal. Maybe I can take all that and instead make a smaller Backer level (like Scatter Terrain) for those, and use something else for the Stretch Goal (I have plenty of buildings I've made to choose from).

Edited by WulfsheadeMiniatures
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WulfsheadeMiniatures said:

I do have some objects like fuel tanks, pipes and such that I had made for a stretch goal. Maybe I can take all that and instead make a smaller Backer level (like Scatter Terrain) for those, and use something else for the Stretch Goal (I have plenty of buildings I've made to choose from).

That's probably a good idea - as it may get other people like me in who don't necessarily want the buildings but would be happy to see smaller scatter terrain.

Or you could just wait until it unlocks as a stretch goal then open up that pledge level (however the second point of why I'm following still stands - I'm not sure I'll have the finances availalbe :-( )

• Like 2

I have plenty of structures to add to this Kickstarter so I decided to lower the Stretch Goal amounts. 

The new levels are now set at $1000 and $1400. I have a third one being made and will update the campaign with that soon.

I'll also be adding some "Add ons" for structures from my previous Kickstarters as well.

Also, here's a preview of the Wall and Ground Panel Stretch Goal. It can represent some kind of vent shaft, or even a cannon like the Grand Cannon from Macross/Robotech. It's still a Work in Progress, so the final model might be slightly different.

GroundPanel_06_WIP.jpg

• Like 4

We've hit the Second Set of Stretch Goals and are working our Way towards the Third Set.

The Second Set opened up a Landing Pad, Desert Themed Fortress Walls, and a 6th Ground Panel.
The Third Set will have a Desert Themed Landing Bay, a 7th Ground Panel and Curved Wall Corners, and Scenic Cliff Faces with a Rail Cannon and Landing Bay.

DesertSet_StretchGoals_a.jpg

GroundPanel_06.jpg

MainSet_StretchGoals_b.jpg

Cliffside_Buildings_Shaded2.jpg

DesertLandingPad_Shaded.jpg

• Like 2