Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Nolzur's Grungs & Grenadier Marsh Dragon

I love it!

Poisoned dart frogs are my favorite little frogs, I had a few as pets when I was younger.

The Grenadier Dragon brings back memories, I love the older minis.

As for that thing on it's back, maybe it's a ribcage of some sort of monster he defeated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful foggies! And that dragon is perfect - like the idea of adding a rider. Nice, bright, tropical colors. The patterns are really nice - we you using a reference photo - look very natural.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are great. I can just feel the despair the PCs emit when they come across the big guy. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone! 

On 2/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, Cyradis said:

Yay froggies!!

On 2/3/2020 at 9:52 PM, AutumnHare said:

Love the froggies!  Amazingly cute.

Agreed--there's something endearing about those boggle eyes and gormless grins. Hooray frogs!

On 2/5/2020 at 4:06 PM, Warlady said:

Super job on the patterning!

On 2/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, Lostraven said:

Very cool and colourful!

On 2/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, Iridil said:

Wonderful foggies! And that dragon is perfect - like the idea of adding a rider. Nice, bright, tropical colors. The patterns are really nice - we you using a reference photo - look very natural.

Thank you! Yes, definitely referred to several photos. There was no end of inspirational pictures to choose from. And I'm convinced now--YES I'll get more frogs!  The rider will happen! 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:47 AM, Inarah said:

Those are great. I can just feel the despair the PCs emit when they come across the big guy. 

Ha! Yes, it's definitely an "Oh broccoli, what NOW?!" moment. :lol:

On 2/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I love it!

Poisoned dart frogs are my favorite little frogs, I had a few as pets when I was younger.

The Grenadier Dragon brings back memories, I love the older minis.

Ooo, lucky! They are adorable little beasties, and apparently nonpoisonous after a while with a diet of milder prey.
Yes, there's something about the old sculpts. It's dynamic and extremely well-detailed and boldly goofy and I love it! 

Lovely!

All those bright colours are great.

Nature is a great inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?
    • By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By Rigel
      Slaad from Nolzur's. Blue and Green painted in their normal colors; Death and Gray panted in red and black. 
      Not just for fantasy; also make good spacemonsters and post-apocalyptic mutant/invaders, as shown here.

• By Otyugh
      Weird mini of the moment...

This one is some real heavy metal!

It just looks like a pile of intestines with a couple of mouths. Should have given them a dark green grayish wash to tone down the Pepto look.

• By Otyugh
      I've been rummaging through my mini hoard and found all kinds ancient treasures, boxed sets with the original inserts!

My stupid question is this, is anyone interested in photos of the boxed sets for identification purposes? The collection goes back to the early 80's and is from a plethora of companies.

If members are interested in miniature identification, then should there be a dedicated thread where members can post pics of their boxed sets and still carded minis? Or is there already a thread for mini identification?
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)