Do you see what I see? A temple? A factory? A mech base? Corporate office?

BLZeebub

I was cleaning up behind my barn and found this half-buried in the dirt.  Was just on the way to throwing it out when I just couldn't.  So I washed most of the dirt off, and cut a base from scrap plywood I had, and away I go!  I actually have a semi-solid plan.  I want to knock this one out fast, first of all, so maybe it'll get done this year (ideally before spring or even March, but I know how things go).  I want it to evoke a few things without quite indicating any of them.  The Tyrell building from Blade Runner is a big one.  The magitek factory from Final Fantasy VI is another.  But I also want to maintain that primitive temple look--like a Mayan or Aztek pyramid--which the shape itself lends to.  I also want it to appear as though it's either been abandoned or nearly so, and nature has started to retake it.  So lots of pipes and vines and gears (see my initial bits pile) and maybe a surprise if I can keep motivated...  Let me know what you think!

Ha, also noticed my little Narshe cottage in the background--it's nearly complete as far as building.  That'll be for another topic though!

20200201_085648.jpg

20200201_085711.jpg

20200202_193543.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little progress.  Mainly a zoom-in to see the joints between the metal plates of the structure.  I messed with a few tricks to get thin, STRAIGHT lines--dragging a square, round, or triangular file, a hacksaw blade, a jeweler's saw...  Ended up using a metal ruler as a guide and an xacto knife--the trick is to drag it ever-so lightly, else the blade will veer off course even with a guide.  I've also attached a few pieces at this point--some in the pic.  More to come soon!

20200203_161553.jpg

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Like 13