Sign in to follow this  
Boris Khan

The Wendigo - 03673

Nice and creepy!  A good reason not to be out in the wilds at night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you read the Algernon Blackwood short story called The Wendigo?  This would work very well for that!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Warlady said:

Have you read the Algernon Blackwood short story called The Wendigo?  This would work very well for that!

Nope, I knew legends of the wendigo for a long time but haven't heard of Blackwood. Will check it out. There is a wendigo in one of the late episodes of Sleepy Hollow that look pretty cool.

• Like 3

Great gore effects and nice woodlands basing. 

The face is especially well rendered. 

I think a light mist with a brown wash would make the base mire naturalistic and maybe a coat of matte varnish on the mini to dull it slightly. 

• Like 1

Semi-necroposting but I wanted to say this is brilliant!  I've been trying ti figure out  what I wanted to do with the wendigo figure besides set everything in a deep recent snowfall. I wasn't feeling very inspired  to paint it, so I was looking through  images of wendigo minis when I saw yours and realized "prey!  That's what it needs!'  And from a lot purchase if old minis I had one misisng a weapon and I didn't care for anyway.   So now he's prey. ' Thanks for the inspiration!  I'm starting to paint again after almost 40 years (I was last painting figures for an AD&D campaign) so I'm not very good, and and yes it's imitative but that truly is the sincerest form of flattery!

• Like 6

On 8/5/2020 at 8:47 AM, DrRadium said:

...Thanks for the inspiration!...   ... yes it's imitative but that truly is the sincerest form of flattery!...

I borrow/steal so much from this forum...

On 8/5/2020 at 5:47 AM, DrRadium said:

Semi-necroposting but I wanted to say this is brilliant!  I've been trying ti figure out  what I wanted to do with the wendigo figure besides set everything in a deep recent snowfall. I wasn't feeling very inspired  to paint it, so I was looking through  images of wendigo minis when I saw yours and realized "prey!  That's what it needs!'  And from a lot purchase if old minis I had one misisng a weapon and I didn't care for anyway.   So now he's prey. ' Thanks for the inspiration!  I'm starting to paint again after almost 40 years (I was last painting figures for an AD&D campaign) so I'm not very good, and and yes it's imitative but that truly is the sincerest form of flattery!

Gregry the prey is made from bits of various Warhammer leftover bits. Hopefully you have painted yours so let's see some pictures!

On 8/7/2020 at 11:09 PM, Mothsniper said:

lolz, the victim seems to be quite amused about the current state of events

well, having your life sucked out of you can be quite shocking.