Sign in to follow this  
Ooook

Theoden, Banner and Rohirrims (GW - LotR)

The banner is quite the eye catcher. Love it. Very clean lines and great design.

I also like the basing. Definitely reminds me of a landscape fit for horse Lords.

The miniatures themselves are also well painted. Here and there some deeper shadows would help to define them more  and provide a more satisfying experience to the beholder trying to pick out the details. 

All in all splendid work that takes a minute to get acquainted to and lets the eye wander.  In my opinion that is the highest praise for a mini or diorama. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Engineer, this hulking monstrosity of flesh and steel was originally another Nurgle-themed baddie from Games Workshops Rogue Trader boxset (like his friend Screamin' Eddie).

Not quite as happy with this one as I was with Eddie, for all his details he ended up kinda boring looking, but I was rather pleased with how his fiery belly turned out.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Standifer
      This is a Games workshop Mumak  miniature that I bought used here awhile back. It was missing a lot of parts so I did some custom work. Here is the work in progress thread. 
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90512-mumakil-rebuild/
      I interned to get some archers to ride in it in the future but these Uruk will work for the pictures.

Some 28mm horsemen to help give a sense of size. This is now probably my largest miniature, barely.

Thanks for looking!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Screamin' Eddie, purveyor of the finest human meat to be found in all the Radlands! 

Had a lot of fun painting this guy. Originally, he was one of the big Nurgle baddies from Games Workshops Rogue Trader boxset, but I thought he worked well as a more generic Post-Apoc mutant (they all could really). 

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Standifer
      I found this mumakil  on the internet here recently. It is missing a lot of pieces, however I’m going to try to rebuild this thing. Here is my progress so far. 
      An oathmark dwarf for comparison, this thing is big!

Whoever assembled this thing glued the platform on sideways, with a VERY stout glue. In my efforts to remove it I ended up breaking it so it now has a pair of gaping holes in the bottom.

After trying to remove the platform pieces from the rest of the saddle I finically gave up and just ground them off, and glued the platform back on the right way.

The tusks has the ends broken off so I drilled some holes and inserted some styrene rod to give my milliliter something to grip to.

A pair of dowels sanded to shape serve as the front supports on the saddle.

And unfortunately he is missing his trunk, so I get to practice my sculpting skills. 
      I drilled some holes where the trunk goes so I can insert some wire to make an armature.

It’s the KRAKAPHANT

I’ll have to go look at some pictures at elephant trunks to see how long it should be. 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they are more than welcome!
      That is all for now thanks for looking!

• By Standifer
      This is one of my armies that I use for Dragon Rampant. I call it my Mordor Army though it is not necessary accurate for Lord of the Rings.
      My rank and file troops Games workshop Uruk hai serving as my orcs. I have a lot more but I don’t you all wanted see all of them!

Next of is a pair of Reaper bones mountain trolls fulfilling the role of the heavy hitters.

And last but by no means least is a Reaper minis Murkillor the Wraithking who serves as the Whitchking of Angmar.

If I get any more troops for this army I’ll be sure to post them here, and hopefully I’ll get a chance to post pictures of my other armies here soon!
      Thankyou for looking! Comments, constructive criticism are welcome!

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)