Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Imports (maybe) pirate lass

11 minutes ago, Lostraven said:

Very nice! Great skin tones!

Thanks Lastraven! She’s a pirate and out in the sun all day so I figured she needed to be a bit tan. I think I started out her skin with Reaper’s Tanned Shadow. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Were there any base markings on her?

Ah, a man who loves a mystery! So I forgot that I had a second copy of her. Here’s the markings on the bottom:BE723DDC-B058-49D4-AA34-46E50B0DB3E6.jpeg.b51e4db99ef7bfc880fe2df69a209a35.jpeg

Ral Partha Imports 1984. So now to check out that year’s or the following year’s catalogue!

• Like 2

Well, that'd put it squarely at the end of Citadel's non-slotta base figure runs. Been looking, but not seeing anything in the catalog. However, the Partha Imports 1984 catalog only had maybe 1 pic for every 3 figs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valandar said:

Well, that'd put it squarely at the end of Citadel's non-slotta base figure runs. Been looking, but not seeing anything in the catalog. However, the Partha Imports 1984 catalog only had maybe 1 pic for every 3 figs.

Yeah the good old days when you couldn’t necessarily see a photo of a miniature before you bought it.

• Like 3

Is it just me or does she appear to be intently studying the tip of her sword?  Great work on everything, she looks very natural in that darker skin tone.  And there's nothing wrong with that sword!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stormbreach said:

Is it just me or does she appear to be intently studying the tip of her sword?  Great work on everything, she looks very natural in that darker skin tone.  And there's nothing wrong with that sword!

She’s contemplating who she’s going to stick that tip into!

• Like 2

The contrasting colours really make her pop. I like the skintone and how you painted the white tunic. Not an easy colour. The NMM doesn't work for me, but it might just need a bright edge highlight to give it that metal look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

The contrasting colours really make her pop. I like the skintone and how you painted the white tunic. Not an easy colour. The NMM doesn't work for me, but it might just need a bright edge highlight to give it that metal look.

I totally agree with you on the NMM, I have a history of in my opinion at least of very hit and miss with metals.  Sometimes I kind of nail it but more often it's a bit wanting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iridil said:

I've never seen her before! Really like the bright cloth against her tan skin - good old school stuff!

She's probably make a bit of an easy target with that bandana, but I'm sure she's thinking more about fashion.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this