Maledrakh's B4Core #56 Dire Boar

Maledrakh

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Peithetairos For my bases I have made a flock mix using some items that I had ordered from serious-play, several shades and lengths of static grass and scatter ranging from autumn mix, brown, muddy, wintery, charcoal grey, plus dark green mix. All this I dumped into a 1.5-liter storage box with lid, added a few spoonfuls of black flock, dark red static grass and some autumn spongeflock, and mixed it all up. Should be enough to last a year or two…

The key is to mix a lot of different types of scatter, and make sure not to overdo the bright ones.

I paint the bases brown with black rims, add a tuft or two, paint around the feet with watered down PVA and dip the whole thing in the tub o'flock mix. Tap and brush off the excess and presto.

it is surprisingly effective!

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Maledrakh said:

@Peithetairos For my bases I have made a flock mix using some items that I had ordered from serious-play, several shades and lengths of static grass and scatter ranging from autumn mix, brown, muddy, wintery, charcoal grey, plus dark green mix. All this I dumped into a 1.5-liter storage box with lid, added a few spoonfuls of black flock, dark red static grass and some autumn spongeflock, and mixed it all up. Should be enough to last a year or two…

The key is to mix a lot of different types of scatter, and make sure not to overdo the bright ones.

I paint the bases brown with black rims, add a tuft or two, paint around the feet with watered down PVA and dip the whole thing in the tub o'flock mix. Tap and brush off the excess and presto.

it is surprisingly effective!

Thank you for outline the process. I'll see what I have lying around to make my own mix.