Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.
there are some pictures below
3rd animal done this weekend, but feeling good making some good progress. Still trying my best to commit to getting a few done every weekend.
* I watched another Dr. Faust painting video (the dude is my hero) and gathered some thoughts on how I wanted to approach this wolf. Browns, tans, and a pink little tail.
* The two tones of Rust (Dark and Light) blended well across the two fur areas. Bringing up the highlights from there was much easier using family of colors.
* Being VERY gentle with drybrushing and not rushing it, like I have in the past. Thanks to much feedback I took a different approach on this and feel like it improved the outcome.
* I deepened some of the areas with Agrax Earthshade, but it didn't come out with as much definition as I wanted, so I swapped out for a glaze of German Black/Brown and it helped them a lot. Win.
* Tusks look great, but took me about 5 different layers to get there.
* So...I clearly rushed my cleaning on this one and I kept finding more and more little mold lines. It was making me crazy. Shame on me!
* The mouth isn't as clean as it should be. The coloration could be a brighter pink or something.
* The exposed bone on the head the more I look at it, the less I like it. Not sure how I can improve this, though. Thoughts?
* Eyes, much like the bunnies were just black. Needs something else to help it pop.
* Is the pink tail weird?
* On the tail portion, I did laugh to myself making the nutsack stand out, but whoever made this model made that detail. I laughed, but it needed to be done. Sorry not sorry.
It took about an hour and a half, so I'm pretty happy with speed on this one. Next up - basing. Love the feedback if you've got any.
At the Twee of Wuv
A simple diorama for the Reaper Challenge League
44131 Tree of Despair with the 77546 Barbarian Mouslings
Would you like to know more?
Who's Online 20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)