Sign in to follow this  
Venun

Bones4 Swamp Troll

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Looks both scary and a bit comic - wonderful skin and texture contrast! I also like the way the base completes it.

This is exactly what I aimed for. I thought about giving the fish X.X eyes, but that was to comical :p

6 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

The skin tone is spot on and I love the expression of the fish. 

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Rigel said:

Splendid stippling/pointillism/ drybrush work! Love the color scheme and that fish.

The texture on the skin made it very nice to work with. I'm personally most proud of the disgusting lumps on his back :p 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostraven said:

Great job. I like how you carried over some of the green onto the fish to tie everything together.

I love that you noticed,  he was to blue originally,  gave him a green wash to get more swampy as he belonged there

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Picked up this fellow as part of the recent Realm of the Dragon Kickstarter project.  He is on a 40mm base,  barely, and is a pretty good size. Did a simple tabletop paint job, a couple of layers of color and washes.  Very happy with him given how easy he was to paint. 

• By Venun
      My gryphon suffers heavily from a top heavy wing. After 3 hot and cold baths I took a less pretty option of making a 3rd point of contact.  It shows, but it works!

• By Venun
      I saw the colorpattern of the dragons before, but it inspired me for my color scheme finally.  Dragonlance anybody?

• By ShantyShakin
      Here is my take on the Nagendra figs from Bones 4. I will be using them as Yuan-Ti at my table in an upcoming adventure for my home game. 

I have seen a few different submissions of other folks' nagas and took inspiration from the ones that took advantage of a variety of colors. Just seemed more interesting to me in that it told a bit more of "the story." I have been challenging myself to be more patient, and to try not to rush. These guys were a good exercise since I painted each of the scales I could reach with a brush individually. It seemed daunting at first, but settling in, knuckling down and taking my time was a pretty enjoyable experience. Plus, I am very happy with the results!

This project was also my first experience using sculpt-a-mold as a medium to give the bases the look of a worked stone. Was shooting for a sandstone desert temple. I got close enough for my first go, I think. I really like this stuff, and it was a lot of fun to experiment with. 

• By Ducknuck84
      From the Mid 2000's attempt to revive the D&D Chainmail come this Battered Troll Skeleton which was the biggest mini in the Ahumut's Legion Faction box. He has been sitting unpainted for many years as I  have found with many of the minis the D&D produced at the time they where a pain to assemble. In his case the full arm and no peg or post and his skull with a bit of the neck was its own part with a minuscule peg and post that did not fit right and would never be able to support the weight of the head. also with the base you had to hand cut the slot that you would tab him into which is the only time i have ever seen that on a mini base. So finally after adding metal post to his parts and getting him on a base I sat down and painted him.
      He is your basic skeleton but I do like the little additions on the mini such as the splint holding the leg together and the leather wrap with a nail holding the arm in place  as well as the plate bolted on to the chest. It give the mini a bit more character. After finishing him i wanted to work on basing which is a part of the process i tend to neglect so tryed my had at some mud texture paint and still trying to get decent at using static grass and tufts. think it turned out alright but can always use more practice.
      Also interestingly enough he is about the same size as the  77004 Cave Troll. So its like a before and after diet pic

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)