• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those toenails are awesome!

Well done, overall

For the skin, he might need a little extra wash/shadows to create more depth if you want to level up.

You are very right. I had given him a base coat in darker red with 2 thin coats of skin, ánd a wash (albeit under the 2nd coat) but it turned out quite flat.

I haven't had much experience yet working on skintones. I'm currently working on a 2nd hill giant where I'm gonna try to work abit more on the skintones.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Venun said:

You are very right. I had given him a base coat in darker red with 2 thin coats of skin, ánd a wash (albeit under the 2nd coat) but it turned out quite flat.

I haven't had much experience yet working on skintones. I'm currently working on a 2nd hill giant where I'm gonna try to work abit more on the skintones.

especially with bigger minis like this giant you can use the nooks and crannies easy enough.

If you look at that arm and the muscles you can see where you can place more shadows/highlights.

a flesh wash can already make a lot of difference.

I'll wash him again when I get home :) I had tested to do the wash under the final thin layer of skin, in an effort not to darken the skintone to much.

I'll consider that experiment failed and do a regular wash as final layer.