Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Tau Fire Warrior

A kid who works for me plays 40K, and was showing me a color scheme he liked. I asked if I could give i a shot on one of his minis, so he gave me this one to paint up. I tried to get a decent result while doing it as fast as possible. Counting priming and sealing I think this is about 2 hours and some change. I did a zenithal prime with Stynylrez, and all colors are RMS with the exception of Nuln Oil and Seraphim Sepia. 

IMG_20200210_213352_2.jpg

IMG_20200210_213429_2.jpg

• Like 22

Oooh, I like how it's a lot grittier than they usually are - like a proper, in the rough and fighting kind of look to it! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, I like how it's a lot grittier than they usually are - like a proper, in the rough and fighting kind of look to it! 

The style is apparently called "Grimdark" and there are several people putting tutorials out on it. I actually loosely followed one on YouTube for this. His looked a lot better of course :D. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful gritty speedpaint -

30 minutes ago, Peithetairos said:

Definitely great  gritty Tau. I prefer this to the clean anime look. 

Thank you. Glad you like it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nameless
      I painted this GW's Lord of Plagues as a hero for my Swampstalkers. He is now the Swamp Drinker, one of the Reapers  (the unit I showed recently).

And this Morphus from the (unfortunately) defunct Enigma Models was actually painted few years ago. I found him in my display cabinet and though he would make for a nice Swamp Hunter, another hero for my army.  So, here he is, with just a new base 

• By Nameless
      I bought these 16 converted nurgle warriors for my Swampstalkers army and added two Reaper minis (battleguard golem 77169 and Anval Thricedamned, Evil Warrior 77055) to get 3 bases with 6 warriors each.

• By Rob Dean
      We were basically on apocalypse watch at work today, so I decided to take my mind off it for a little while at lunch with a speedpaint (60 minutes). Over the weekend I prepared a handful of Ral Partha individuals, inspired by my recent trip to Cincycon, so I brought a group of four with me today.

I tried this guy as a warm-up; it’s been a while since I painted a true 25 metal individual. I wanted to use lighter colors because I usually tend towards dark.  I hoped that the Heart Throb Pink over the Cinnamon Red would look faded.  It needs more blending to stand up to be photographed at this level of enlargement.  I’m also not sure what the extra layer of cloth at the right (but not left) wrist is suppose to be, so I painted it grey. 

I will post a picture of him based, hopefully tomorrow.

• By Nameless
      This is some variant of the Great Unclean One, called Rotigus. I will use it as Terror in my Swamptalkers. He's a big... fellow… 

• By Nameless
      Another unit for my Swampstalkers  I was looking for a suitable alternative for Scarecrows, the cheapest zombie-like unit in my army. These goblins from the Hobbit game looked like a good choice - gnarly, twisted bodies with some wounds, smaller in size than plaguebearers I used for a slightly stronger unit of blood worms (my other infantry unit). And I got them very cheap, second-hand - they already came primed white to me, which saved some time. Lots of different washes, picked some details (mainly eyes and wounds/warts - both with GW blood effect). Swampy base of course, as this is the main theme for my army. Cut some of the models legs off to create an effect of them rising from the mud.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)