Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Tau Fire Warrior

A kid who works for me plays 40K, and was showing me a color scheme he liked. I asked if I could give i a shot on one of his minis, so he gave me this one to paint up. I tried to get a decent result while doing it as fast as possible. Counting priming and sealing I think this is about 2 hours and some change. I did a zenithal prime with Stynylrez, and all colors are RMS with the exception of Nuln Oil and Seraphim Sepia. 

IMG_20200210_213352_2.jpg

IMG_20200210_213429_2.jpg

• Like 22

Oooh, I like how it's a lot grittier than they usually are - like a proper, in the rough and fighting kind of look to it! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, I like how it's a lot grittier than they usually are - like a proper, in the rough and fighting kind of look to it! 

The style is apparently called "Grimdark" and there are several people putting tutorials out on it. I actually loosely followed one on YouTube for this. His looked a lot better of course :D. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful gritty speedpaint -

30 minutes ago, Peithetairos said:

Definitely great  gritty Tau. I prefer this to the clean anime look. 

Thank you. Glad you like it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      At the moment I'm not exactly starved for projects (I've actually got a long list taped to my desk), but what I really wanted was something quick and easy. Luckily one of the projects on that list fit the bill perfectly so my third Imperial Guard joke squad has started. 

Unlike my "Fabulous" squad or even my Tau defectors this is a more nuanced joke. Instead of painting battle hardened Cadiens I'll be painting a squad of the Planetary Defense Force. GW lore is a funny thing whenever comparisons are made as any player can tell you. So while the Imperial Guard especially the Cadiens are "elite" warriors completely at home on the battlefield the Planetary Defense Forces are easily killed cannon fodder living the cushy good life on Imperial worlds. The PDF act as peacekeepers and the first line of defense during any attack and they usually end up dying in droves (not unlike the actual Guard). 

The only real difference at least on the actual tabletop will come down to color scheme. I've decided a peacekeeper's color scheme would work well and I've come up with two options. 
      I think I prefer the blue tunic with the grey armor, but the reverse could work too. I figure I'll just sleep on it and decide tomorrow with fresh eyes, but I'm open to any thoughts/ideas.
    • By Citrine
      Here are a bunch of Wizkids unpainted minis, speed painted in 1 hour or less spent on each, and no fancy basing either.  The latter ones are based on Reaper bases, I think the Wizkids bases are too thin.

Oxen (2) - SKU WZK73099

Crocodile - WZK90051

Heroic Statue - WZK73864

Dopplegangers - WZK90019

Grell & Basilisk - WZK90022

• By BardicDave
      My goal here was to push myself to go as fast as possible. Start to finish it took approx. 2.5 hours, which is definitely a record for me. Contrary to my usual practice, I painted the integral base; when I do get around to doing a proper base, I will likely integrate it into the display. C&C welcome.

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum Family, Ciccio is back with more awful minis! 
      I'm trying to get the Blood Rage minis painted ATM, and well... no problem with big guys like the troll or the frost giant, but the smaller minis... O  M  G!
      The worst sculpt I had to paint in my life... really CMON?
      Anyway, is a game, I don't pretend the super quality, and do not need to paint every mini perfectly...
      Let's get it started:

the whole party (sorry for the bad pic...):

The Valkyrie:

The Soldier of Hel:

The Volur Witch:

The Dark Elf:

The Dwarf Chieftan:

As you can see nothing special, tabletop standard.
      Not so "Speed painting" cause of the lack of detail/bad sculpt, anyway from 1 hour (fro the Witch) to 4 hours (the Valkyrie).
      Hope you'll like them. 
      C&C welcome as always.
      Thank you!
    • By Nameless
      I painted some minis from the Kill Team: Rogue Trader box. They are originally a nurglish warband called the Gellerpox Infected, but I will use them in my Swampstalkers army for Kings of War.
      The second line in the big unit is made of Titan Forge ogre pirates mixed with parts of the Reaper's Crab Man (SKU:44110). They are all now Butchers, and they also have the dedicated hero for them (Fleshripper, one with the cleaver ). Smaller guys are Horrors, wizards in my army.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)