Just a warning, if you cancel your reservation, the Embassy is taking back that room from the room block. This is absolutely detrimental to conventions, and an awful look for the Embassy Suites. 

however, if you, for whatever reason, need to cancel your hotel room there, please let me know. I am disabled and would love to not have to stay a mile away. We can work out a way to transfer it to my name. 

please and thank you. 

Edited by OmenKitten
  • Like 2
  • Reaper User

I just received confirmation with Embassy Suites that any canceled rooms in our room block (ReaperCon rate) ARE going back into our room block inventory for attendees to book at the ReaperCon rate. They did also say, that as soon as a room is canceled, that someone does pick it up and book that room. They are watching it everyday. If someone canceled a room outside the block, then that room would become available, but not at the ReaperCon rate. Hope this helps! 

Edited by ReaperAHawk
  • Like 3

Shortly after the reserved block filled I remembered it was time to make our reservations.:down:

I talked directly with the hotel, not to the boiler room in India with the rude people, and they have started a standby list for first option on any cancellations.

I would urge you to talk to the hotel direct and get your name on the standby list soonest.

GEM

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Shortly after the reserved block filled I remembered it was time to make our reservations.:down:

I talked directly with the hotel, not to the boiler room in India with the rude people, and they have started a standby list for first option on any cancellations.

I would urge you to talk to the hotel direct and get your name on the standby list soonest.

GEM

I talked directly to the hotel and specifically asked for that. 

• Like 1
On 2/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, OmenKitten said:

Thank you so much!!!! The lady was very rude to me once I stated I was interested in Reaper Con. I hope this is not typical for their customer support. 

Not at all. I talked to a rep in regards to open rooms the other day & he was very nice. Thou he did sound allot like this guy:

mcbrayer-jack-image.jpg

• Haha 2

Your experience with the ES is  atypical.  I have found the hotel and its staff to be in the top two I've ever stayed at.  Top to bottom, desk to cleaning staff, cooks to management.  And the best Convention hotel I've stayed at!

If you want guaranteed rudeness, go to a convention in Las Vegas.  Against my better judgement, I'll be attending a chess tournament there this year.  I'm not at all looking forward to dealing with the hotel.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2020 at 1:32 PM, OmenKitten said:

Oh gosh! We just ran an event In Arlington, and some of our staff overheard the desk staff tell other guests “don’t worry about THOSE people” and continue on to describe us as losers ugh so I am glad to know this con has had friendly staff

I've seen kitchen staff at the Denton ES in a bit of cosplay (within the limits of their corporate uniform guidance) and then attend the 'con once they got off work.  

• Like 5