Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Sapolings (77495) as 1/72 fantasy figures

So, I finished off the elf lady to boss the two saprolings at lunch yesterday, and the red witch today.  I don’t do much greenstuff work; her broom is especially rustic...

4030B768-028C-4753-B211-93AD7FFE93D2.thumb.jpeg.e969fc80f11afda18bfb29df4e96ad46.jpeg

6378B3FB-46F3-4955-ACF3-4E3C2D14123C.thumb.jpeg.b28345437e7e8b4efb24c62f9f654428.jpeg

The saprolings look more impressive when upscaled; maybe 9 feet in comparison to the 1/72 figures...

• Like 20

7 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Where is the elf lady from Rob?

Oops! That’s what happens when I do this too late at night. I mentioned Caesar in the tags, but not in the text. Both are from the first couple of Caesar Miniatures fantasy sets, the elf lady from Elves and the human from Adventurers. Pictures of the early range here at the Plastic Soldier Review:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=39

• Like 2

Love the saprolings, and you're right--they have a great hulking posture, and comparing them with the smaller minis really emphasizes that. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Painted this pair up for an encounter in the forest.... I like this sculpt a lot... thinking of doing some more and trying the added foliage that others have done... lots of lovely examples.

• By Rob Dean
      Last month I held my nose to the grindstone, as it were, and painted a bunch of wargaming units, a dozen figures at a time.  This month, I wanted to relax just a little, so I pulled a group of Caesar Adventurers (currently OOP) out of the queue, and amused myself by finishing off a couple of them.  

I’ve picture them here with Sir Forscale to show how not-big they are, which is why they make look just a little rough when blown up to more-than-life-size on the screen.  It’s interesting to me, though, what you can do with a 1/72, if you aren’t in too much of a hurry.  These were done with my work kit at lunches, so 45-60 minutes each.

My elder son, who has been doing some amazing work on 1/72 historical Bronze Age figures lately, asked whether some sort of single figure game was in the plans.  As of now, I am thinking about using the 1/72s to play through some Rangers of Shadowdeep.
    • By Rob Dean
      The next piece of my DBA 3.0 Bronze Age Libyan army has ben varnished and is ready for battle...as soon as 5 more stands of things get painted. 

• By Rob Dean
      I finished this troop of Libyans over a couple of lunches last week, but it took until today to have time to finalize the bases.  These will be skirmisher (psiloi) stands for a 12-stand De Bellis Antiquitatis army to oppose my New Kingdom Egyptians.  I need to magnetize a new storage box, since the Bronze Age project has now overflowed the first 4-liter Really Useful Box.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)