Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Drakes

Finished the feet and began the painstaking fine detailing process (mostly on the head so far).

885390296_BlueDrakefeet.JPG.36ef8838a09b28b7c6f3ccd19fbf5c05.JPG

1511512930_BlueDrakeHeadDetails.JPG.900e2b339dff0a8e08d97c17d3c02358.JPG

I just realized that i haven't made his ears yet...oops.

• Like 17

He (she?) is looking great! You can totally see the blue dragon ancestry in him.

It's nice to see that other people also work in the default red wax. 

Edited by GHarris

7 hours ago, GHarris said:

He (she?) is looking great! You can totally see the blue dragon ancestry in him.

It's nice to see that other people also work in the default red wax. 

Thanks.

Most of the other options make my eyes hurt.

• Like 2

Alright, the Blue Drake is almost done.  I thought I finished him last night, but his raised foot is bugging me, something is off.  I think it may be a bit smaller than the other front foot.  I'll fix that up tonight.  Otherwise, he's ready for test prints.

b3.jpg.467443bf90810aae1146803d7be76b12.jpgb2.jpg.59abd5209f736548cb0c5ef24949cd33.jpg

b1.jpg.13d77f2bc579da625867465592b39259.jpg

• Like 19

Next up, I think I will do the green, this one:

1445797359_GreenDrakeMuscles.PNG.8f1a02f6c2ff777f4cdb8af039c95933.PNG

Do you think I should shorten the neck?

This is the pose and attitude I am aiming for:

Animals: Ready To Pounce Snow Leopard, picture nr. 15295

As for the dragon features, here is my reference that I like best:

It's been a while since I had a TPK |

• Like 15

You are very talented. I like what I see, your blue Drake will be a fun model to paint and throw at an adventuring party. The tail is amazing and the body scales too.
I like how the expression on its face reads like it has just been surprised. Maybe that the reason for its big eyes. The fact that its head is leaning on one side also enhance the feeling of surprise.
My only comment would be regarding the eyes, I think they would be more menacing if they were smaller or if the eyebrows were thicker.
I can't wait to see your other Drakes come to life.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

You are very talented. I like what I see, your blue Drake will be a fun model to paint and throw at an adventuring party. The tail is amazing and the body scales too.
I like how the expression on its face reads like it has just been surprised. Maybe that the reason for its big eyes. The fact that its head is leaning on one side also enhance the feeling of surprise.
My only comment would be regarding the eyes, I think they would be more menacing if they were smaller or if the eyebrows were thicker.
I can't wait to see your other Drakes come to life.

The eyes need to be large or they will disappear when printed.  This guy is sized so it's base fits on a 1" base.  I am running a test print now, so we'll see how they look in a few hours.  I'll try to make them sterner then once I know what the print shows.

• Like 7

@TaleSpinner Good point, if the Drake is supposed to fits on a 1" base, I understand you don't want to lose to much detail.

What kind of printer are you using? Is it a liquid 3D printed type or hot plastic extrusion type?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

@TaleSpinner Good point, if the Drake is supposed to fits on a 1" base, I understand you don't want to lose to much detail.

What kind of printer are you using? Is it a liquid 3D printed type or hot plastic extrusion type?

Liquid resin.  Mine is an Anycubic Photon S.  Great printer.  That said, the print failed; one of only a few failures I have had in the last 6 months.  Not sure what happened, but the supports all sheared off of the base early in the process.  I am reprinting now.  I hope it succeeds, as I haven't a clue what I can do software wise to make it better; larger supports maybe.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3