Drakes...now Dragons Too!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a potential client.  These are great and you’ll be filling a gap in the market in my opinion.  I’m glad to see you doing such great sculpting digitally.  If I remember correctly it was not that long ago that you were still getting your feet wet with digital.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Congrats on a potential client.  These are great and you’ll be filling a gap in the market in my opinion.  I’m glad to see you doing such great sculpting digitally.  If I remember correctly it was not that long ago that you were still getting your feet wet with digital.

I started digital sculpting a year ago when I started getting nerve issues in my right hand.  2 years ago I swore I would never go digital; now I whine and groan when I have to break out the GS for a project.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

So I have been thinking about the black drake, i I think I am going about it all wrong.

This is what I have for it:

1353003236_BlackDrakemuscles.PNG.d76ce5e62d7879cbfed46078d17dd50b.PNG

The body is very bull like.  I think that is a mistake for a creature that lives a semi aquatic life in swamps.  I think I am going to give it instead a more serpentine/gator like body, maybe something more in line with a mid length necked Tanystopheus species like this:

Dnyo8-AXsAAjl_w.thumb.jpg.f87748f3dcc928990286691026af6ceb.jpg

• Like 8

More work on the head tonight:

image.png.536fe8491f8e1cc5ab35a77528b47f40.png

Note that I left the skin smooth on the face for now.  I want to see how the body scales are going to turn out so I can better match their look and feel. I also need to make its horns a bit less symmetrical.

Started figuring out the scales on the body.  Funny thing is that this is the easiest type of scale to make in GS, but quite time consuming in ZBrush (in other words it takes about as long to make them in ZBrush as they do in GS, which is weird; usually ZBrush is faster overall).  The key is though that they LOOK like the scales i sculpt by hand; I like that.

image.png.a8ad410eb66997863de87021e3664aed.png

• Like 14