• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Venun said:

I like it. Although, not being of that oldschool 1e generation, I do miss those spikes on his back. But both versions look great, well done!

The spikes actually had to go, or at least change; they were way too fine to print and cast.

• Like 5

The Blue drake redone to make it uniquely ours, with a bit more omage to 1e:

No description available.

The Red drake I reposed roughly tonight.  The client likes this pose.  I will be shortening the neck, putting 3 feet on the base, and replacing the large back fin with coarse fur/hair (like the 1e red):

image.png.9052f7b6891521c9dbc5ecf9befd6b24.png

• Like 10

Adding fur to the back of the Red.  The lower parts are done.  The upper section is just after I used masks and inflate balloon to pull out a section and separate it from the body.  Next, I'll be pulling out the fur tufts with Snake Hooks and then adding the fur details with Orb Crack 3.

image.thumb.png.ef9f85b7e2a6f0add502c43a7cce9a38.png

Snake Hook step done:

image.png.0232aa471c6d24c071e438a7e2aefc42.png

• Like 10
On 3/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, TaleSpinner said:

I love that croc.  My boy and I watch PBS Eons all the time; great show.  I have thought about that croc as I designed these. This particular one really inspires me:

Image result for running crocodile

Sorry for the lack of updates recently; I have been working on some Dark Sword projects as well as the engagement ring for my Son and a new design for Haiti. Last night, I had a spare half hour while talking with George (@knarthex) so I added and posed the feet (obviously not attached or detailed yet).

drake.jpg.301172f732cefbee64cfb903091ea086.jpg

See!

Drow are good for things!

• Like 3

About a month ago, after sending him the previous image, my client decided that he wanted the neck and tails of the Blue, White, and Red lengthened, to add to their uniqueness.  This was not a trivial request, and I admit i was a bit despondent about it.  But I buckled down and did it. Here are the results:

No description available.  No description available.No description available.

No description available.No description available.No description available.

No description available.No description available.

As usual, this client's judgement is very good and I like the way they came out (especially the Red).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1