I pulled them all back into one file, set them up proportionally to each other, and submitted the following pictures to my client.  If he accepts it, I will begin print trials.

No description available.

• Like 12
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have gotten a bit carried away when sizing these, but damn that new printer is awesome:

DrakeW1.jpg.eb87dcfec7fcd6aa535ab7efe0550253.jpgDrakeW2.jpg.cd2bf4c9c942a22c26c604065d721bbd.jpg

The little squares are centimeters.  He fits on a square 15mm base.  

• Like 18

That is the best resin print that I've ever seen. Of course, the fact that the sculpt is gorgeous helps too :poke:

I hope that your client (whoever they are) ships to the UK because I really need a set of those Drake's :wub:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That is the best resin print that I've ever seen. Of course, the fact that the sculpt is gorgeous helps too :poke:

I hope that your client (whoever they are) ships to the UK because I really need a set of those Drake's :wub:

They do.

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, that's lovely... Which one is your new printer again? 

Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K

Yah, I may have to take a really good look at the new 4k printers.

Awesome work on this one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yah, I may have to take a really good look at the new 4k printers.

Awesome work on this one!

Be warned, just being 4K does not mean increased detail.  There are essentially 2 ways of using the new 4K screens. 

1. Project the screen onto a larger area to increase the size of the build plate, while maintaining the resolution of the smaller 2K machines like the Photon S.  That is what the Mono X and Sonic Mighty 4K do.  These will give you the same quality as you are getting on your S today, but allow you to print more.

2. Put the new 4K screen right up to the build plate.  This gives you the same or similar build plate size (about 6") to the old projected 2K screens (which would have had 3" plates if they didn't project), but drastically increases the sharpness of a print because there is no projection distortion (or little, as the thickness of whatever glass is between the screen and plate does factor in).  This is what the new "High Definition" printers are doing.  As far as I know, only the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K falls into this category yet, but Epax is supposed to come out with one this month and others are sure to follow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Tbh, I want the bigger plate to use. After seeing some of the bigger files that aren't in multiple pieces for easier printing (ie smaller plates) plus the problems with my current printer, which are resurfacing again. I'm ready to let it go & possibly go after a better printer. That free (yah well, you know) money from the govt coming. Thou it'll probably get put to better use, still something to think about.

• Like 4

I know I have been quiet on these for quite some time now.  We have been working on them and preparing them for casting.  Lots of little tweaks have been made.  Here are a few updated images:

White got a new tail tip (the old version was just not printing well):

No description available.No description available.

Red has shut it's trap and reposed it's hand:

Blue got an ear job and an new rock to rest its hand on:

Black got a log for it's hand:

Green had its legs reposed to open up the inside more for better molding:

I have printed them all and have them ready (except Blue who's large version is reprinting now due to a miss-communication on my part with the molder).  Here is a shot of them as I was cleaning the prints (White is missing as I had just found and fixed the tail issue and was reprinting at that time; also, big blue once printed will not have a detached leg):

• Like 16

Awesome ! They still look amazing, great to see progress.

I keep popping on here to find out who your client is, and where they can be obtained in the future :D 

• Like 1

I suspect that they will be hitting production in the summer.  I just sent him the prints last Thursday.  I am not confident that the caster won't want a few more changes.

• Like 4