Sign in to follow this  
lscrep

Reapercon tickets/classes

I have a question do we have to pay  additional for the individual classes in addition to the VIP pass kit? My first Reapercon and this issue is not clear on ticket info I read

• Like 1

Yes, classes are separate from the VIP package. Either package/ticket-set gets you into the con. Think of them as admission packages to choose from.

Later on, classes will be available for purchase. The requirement for signing up for those is an admission ticket (which goes on sale tomorrow). Benefit of the VIP package for classes is that VIPs will have access to classes one day earlier than regular admissions.

• Like 2

And to head off the next question, classes vary in price. Last year most were in the $20-$30 range, with some being $15 and at least one multi-session course being $100.   This year may be different, of course, but I wouldn't expect big changes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briezee said:

Is there likely to be run on classes like there was on the hotel?

For years, there has been a run on at least some classes. Some especially popular classes sell out in the first minute.

But at least in the past, there have been many classes available on the second day. That said, if our attendance goes up by 50-100% and class demand goes up commensurately, that could be less true this year. I don't know that we will have 50-100% more classes this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briezee said:

Is there likely to be run on classes like there was on the hotel?

Yes, and no.  Given the extremely limited number of seats in most classes and the rapid increase in attendance numbers you are unlikely to get your first choice in classes.  That said, there were over 1000 seats in all classes last year, so plenty are available if you are flexible and willing to to learn something new.  Also, classes get added closer to the con dates, as additional artists join the roster of teachers.  Finally, all unsold seats are made available at the con, so you can even pick some last minute (but again, don't expect to get your first choice.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, briezee said:

The allowing people to pick up to 8 classes has me worried about availability of them.

My standing limit is four; about one a day. 

That's also my standing recommendation; you can /do/ two a day.. but you're not going to have a lot of time for anything else, and you're not going to have a lot of time to absorb what you learned.

A recommendation I'll pass on; make a list of the classes you want to take, plus alternates, because inevitably, you're going to want to do at least one popular class.

They usually keep a couple of tickets out for last-minute purchasers, and those of us who couldn't stalk the site when class tickets went on sale.

• Like 2

We will post the class ticket descriptions  online so everyone will have a good look before they go on sale...this way you can also figure out your schedule on your own for your classes too.

• Like 2