Sign in to follow this  
Xiwo Xerase

03867: Aletheia Edair, Duelist

Beautiful - love the orange and how you did the browns in the leather. I hesitate to critique as this is better than I can do, but maybe some more love for the swords? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crissair said:

Absolutely gorgeous! I really like the orange cape

Thank you!

Thanks to @Glitterwolf too.  (I'm not going to quote the image.)

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful - love the orange and how you did the browns in the leather. I hesitate to critique as this is better than I can do, but maybe some more love for the swords? 

Thank you!  What, in particular, do you think is lacking with the swords?  What would you suggest so they look better to you?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This figure was originally going to be the first in a quirky series: "If the Sailor Senshi were playing AD&D, what characters would they choose?"  Minako Aino, of course, would choose an elf bard.  A duelist is close enough.  However, calamity struck and this figure has been relegated to draft status.  (In case you're curious, I have possible figures picked out for all of the Inner Senshi now.)

As a fan of Sailor Moon since the 90s, I'm very curious about what your plans were for the other Senshi...

The mini itself looks terrific, too. Due to Minako's "Venus Love Me Chain" attack, I might've suggested making her sword blades golden, but that's not really necessary either way...

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

As a fan of Sailor Moon since the 90s, I'm very curious about what your plans were for the other Senshi...

The mini itself looks terrific, too. Due to Minako's "Venus Love Me Chain" attack, I might've suggested making her sword blades golden, but that's not really necessary either way...

Not were.  Are.

The party so far is:

The party is a little short on stealth and lockpicking.  My wife and I got into an argument when I suggested that Ami might play a rogue instead to fill that need.  (Ami does have a nice bit of sneaking around and investigating during the "S"-equivalent arc of the manga.  It's one of the very few places where Sailor Moon Crystal did better than the original anime series because it stayed close to the manga.)

(Remember that this exercise is more about what the senshi would play rather than what they would be if they were transposed into an RPG.)

As to the mini's swords, Minako's sword in the anime has a normal-looking steel blade (although, this being anime and with the backstory, who knows if it's actually steel) so I don't see a problem with leaving them as steel blades.  The hilts are still gold because, well, she has to have some deliberate bling somewhere.  (As opposed to the accidental bling of falling into paint.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1