Sign in to follow this  
Bruunwald

More Shipping Container Madness

Continuing my strange obsession with turning shipping containers into... other... I give you a pair of what appear to be some kind of communication shacks made from the new, smaller shipping containers. Yes, those tiny radar/radio dishes are Lego pieces. Thanks for looking!

ComShacks.jpg

ComShack One A.jpg

ComShack One B.jpg

Comshack One C.jpg

ComShack One Rear.jpg

ComShack Two Rear.jpg

ComShack Two Side.jpg

• Like 22

20 minutes ago, Bruunwald said:

Continuing my strange obsession with turning shipping containers into... other... I give you a pair of what appear to be some kind of communication shacks made from the new, smaller shipping containers. Yes, those tiny radar/radio dishes are Lego pieces. Thanks for looking!

Those are pretty cool and very well done conversions.

I could see them  being useful across a few genres.

• Like 6

They are sort of Post Apocalypse Tiny Homes...sort of. AND VERY NICELY DONE Tiny Homes at that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Nice. 

What are the solar panels? 

I used tiled and quarter round styrene bits to build one, and then molded it. I was working on several little sci-fi pieces that needed solar panels, so it was just easier to mold one and cast them off in resin. Just the frame/tiled section is the resin piece. The angled thingy it stands on is little bits of spare styrene with rivets punched in with a leather punch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

I used tiled and quarter round styrene bits to build one, and then molded it. I was working on several little sci-fi pieces that needed solar panels, so it was just easier to mold one and cast them off in resin. Just the frame/tiled section is the resin piece. The angled thingy it stands on is little bits of spare styrene with rivets punched in with a leather punch.

Very nicely done. 

I was thinking they were too identical to be individually scratch-built - didn't occur to me that they might be resin pieces you did yourself. 

Now that I'm looking closer - are the electrical breaker panels on the side also resin casts? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Very nicely done. 

I was thinking they were too identical to be individually scratch-built - didn't occur to me that they might be resin pieces you did yourself. 

Now that I'm looking closer - are the electrical breaker panels on the side also resin casts? 

Yeah, I make a lot of terrain, so I mold many small elements like these to help speed up the process. Wherever I realized that I was making a thing over and over again, I just molded the most recent one I was working on. Like, doors and window frames and little control panels. That sort of thing.

EDIT: Actually, if you look closely at the background of some of the pics above, you can see plastic blisters containing some wall elements. You probably can't make them out clearly, but those are window and wall panels that can be added to walls to give them a post-apocalyptic look.

Edited by Bruunwald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1