Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard - Bravery comes in all sizes

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Venun said:

Very cool to make it personal like this, there's no mini alike, this is your character =) 

Looks good, good job!

She indeed made it personal :devil:

But yes,  the main fun with conversions is to make a mini resemble more the idea you have in your head. 

The original is very diminutive. I felt she needed some grunge and gore added to drive home the message: I may be small,  but will face any danger. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful!

Great conversion/sculpt and the paint job is spot on!

Thank you. I really try to achieve a more grungy look atm to match my terrain better. 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:46 PM, Jellyranger69 said:

Wicked.

Indeed, she definitely knows how to use that sword. 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, Clearman said:

Yes sir...we'll just a little off the top.

ah-CHOO

Oh, no!?!

Well I guess at least she won't need to give a refund...

• Like 3
On 2/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Lostraven said:

That is awesome! 

Thanks a bunch. 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, Iridil said:

Wow - the addition of the scultpted snake/severed head really adds to this figure - wonderful addition!

I thought so, too. The small shield really looked more  cute than imposing. 

On 2/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, Lagerfueled said:

The conversion really adds a ton of character. Lovely painting as well.

Thank you kindly. 

In a photo shoot with Anirion and Elladan, Elliwyn made an appearance, too. Idea was to go for a clearing look,  as I don't have enough ground cover and trees yet for the dense forest look. 

IMG_20200407_234339.jpg

• Like 3

A few more shots of Elliwyn, as I am trying various photo set ups at the moment. The white background was a bit too stark, so I tried a few different pastels colours. 

I will also try a simple gradient with airbrush. 

IMG_20201228_223443.jpg

IMG_20201228_224518.jpg

IMG_20201227_234355.jpg

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      This is the Reaper Bones Familiar from the Stone and Familiar set (SKU 77390).  He will be an important bard NPC in a Savage World game I am hoping to run sometime soon.

• By Cranky Dog
      Right on the heels of their last shipped campaign, Midlam Miniatures is back. After several years of halflings, the gnomes are back!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnomes-a-class-of-their-own

Also available in different pledge combos, two of the older campaigns:

I already own this one from 2018 (Common - Garden Gnomes):

Royal Court of the Common (Garden) Gnomes (2019):

• By Marsya
      So after a substantial break from painting I purchased a new toy….a resin 3D printer (as I don’t have enough unpainted minis). So far I have enjoyed printing some minis even though my favorite will always be pewter. 

My first choice to paint of the batch I printed to knock off the rust was this pretty lady Nihae. I printed her at 87.5% as Artisan Guild is too large to suit the rest of my collection. She is about the size of a standard reaper mini printed at this scale. 

I printed some ferns and quickly put her on a base so she is ready to hit the table sometime soon. 

C&C welcome. 

• By KruleBear
      Bad photos, bad Bones cast, and tabletop paint job of Balto Burrowell the Gnome Wizard. Painted this one up as my sons kid character in hero kids. Fuego is a young kid who can cast some fire spells and has survived three adventures and he was on his own in the last one. 

I am really beginning to loath these older human sized minis, but this is the closest I had to a human child for his character. Fairly simple base coat, washes, and highlights. I was having a lot of problems with my skin tone paints being too thin (even after several minutes on the vortex mixer). I guess that is the pit fall of no painting for months outside of terrain. 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I completed my Perils of the Underworld diorama. I changed the name simple because there is a trademark on the word Underdark. Here are the pictures, do not hesitate to leave any critiques as I would like to improve anything that does not look right. The building WIP can be found here and the painting WIP here. To realize this diorama, I used Reaper Miniatures model and MSP paint only.

The whole idea of this project started with the gemstone the gnome is holding in her left hand. I converted 03082 Ingrid the female gnome sculpted by Derek Schubert as a svirfneblin prospector. (Svirfneblin is the name given to deep gnome in the Forgotten Realms lore). She is exploring the Underworld in search of precious minerals. She's riding her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by an ambushed 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. There is also a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging from its perch and several mushrooms I sculpted in green stuff to complete the scene.

The mushroom I sculpted are all found in the Forgotten Realms lore, the blue ones are called nightlight fungus, the round ones on the ground at the back of the display are called timmask, the pink ones are glowcap mushroom and the ones growing on the roots are  ripplebark. It took me about 90 hours of work to do this diorama, not including the time I spent preparing the WIP. Enjoy!

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)