SKU: 77280/SKU: 77241 - Lich / Skeleton Guardian Axeman (x3)

Ben_Phobos

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can see looks good. You defined the different areas well and added some nice touches with the green. 

I would overall increase contrast, that is push the highlights. Your shadows are  dark enough and maybe also try some black or brown lining. 

When you take pictures I recommend illuminating them from the front, too. 

All in all a nice encounter set and I am looking forward seeing more of you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lagerfueled said:

Awesome job. They look like they just climbed out of the dirt.

Since you asked for tips, I will throw out the obligatory "thin your paints" comment. :B):

Thanks!  The "out of dirt" was really what I wanted to achieve :)

Indeed, I still need to practice to thin correctly each different colors (I struggled with some and some were easy - but I used craft paints instead of "dedicated" mini paints so it was maybe because of that...)  

1 hour ago, Peithetairos said:

What I can see looks good. You defined the different areas well and added some nice touches with the green. 

I would overall increase contrast, that is push the highlights. Your shadows are  dark enough and maybe also try some black or brown lining. 

When you take pictures I recommend illuminating them from the front, too. 

All in all a nice encounter set and I am looking forward seeing more of you. 

Thanks!

Yep, one of the thing I was really not happy with was the highligh. I tried to "drybrush" but it was not really successful. I will continue to practice :)

For the pictures, I really struggled, it was only the light of the room. I will try to use a desk lamp next time !

On 2/20/2020 at 3:38 AM, Fnordlover said:

Welcome to the forum! My only advice is paint more. I need to take my own advice, too. It's a great hobby. Keep up the good work.

Will do :) I have +- 20 minis to paint but I started with these undeads as it seemed to me that they were the most easy to start/train with.

Next will be some  Anhurian Swordmen!

On 2/20/2020 at 8:08 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the forum!

Good job on these, my first minis didn't look that good!

Keep painting, read tips, look at youtube vids on the subject etc, ask for help and advice here when needed.

Most important of all : HAVE FUN!

Thanks ! In fact, I already watched a lot of tutos and youtube videos before getting started but I will definitely continue to do so :) (if you have any good channel, don't hesitate to share :) )

7 hours ago, Iridil said:

Welcome - some fine undead! And bonus for already basing... took me years to get to that :)

Thanks! I was not sure if I wanted to "base" them but after checking, it seemed to me that it was really adding something to the mini without a real difficulty (in this case, just some glue and deco stones)

• Like 1