02394 Thorval the Black, 02102 Plague Zombie, and 02754 Blood Wolf.

Lagerfueled

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work!  That red came out well.  The fur on the wolf looks great. I'm still experimenting with the contrast paints myself.  If you could, in future, use a plain white or light colored background for your photos. It makes the figures easier to see. 

• Like 4

Don't be fooled by his newbie tag. He's been painting for years. He just creates new accounts every few years so he can wow everyone with his skills as a new painter.

Great work, as always. Glad to see you posting on here again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Loim said:

Don't be fooled by his newbie tag. He's been painting for years. He just creates new accounts every few years so he can wow everyone with his skills as a new painter.

Great work, as always. Glad to see you posting on here again. 

I have to keep you on your toes sir. <3

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nice work!  That red came out well.  The fur on the wolf looks great. I'm still experimenting with the contrast paints myself.  If you could, in future, use a plain white or light colored background for your photos. It makes the figures easier to see. 

Contrast paints are just ok when used to actually paint a figure in one coat, like the tagline says. They are great for people new to the hobby to get stuff painted quickly. However I find used like glazes over other colors, or when painted on and used as a base and shadow from which to highlight up from, they work much better. My favorite by far is the Skeleton Horde for bone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iridil said:

I really like the fur - both on the the cloak and the beastie - nice highlighting and depth!

Thank you. The fur cloak was painted my usual method of overpainting and selective highlights.

The fur on the beast was actually meant to just be a practice in drybrushing, as it had been a very long time since I drybrushed. I ended up liking it so much I ended up just finishing the model the next evening.