Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

looking for assembly guide for Ziba Efreeti?

To be honest, this figure is one where you don't really have to worry about being too perfect with the glue for the head - if you put a few drops on the flat spot on the inside of the hair, even if it squishes out a little, it's going to end up in places nobody will ever see. My copy of the figure snaps together so well without glue that it barely wiggles at all, and it could probably stand years of use on the game table without being glued.

(And, if you're using more than a single drop of cyanoacrylate, you have at least ten or fifteen seconds of wiggle time before it sets to the point where moving it will cause it to not bond well, so you can pop the head right back off again if you really needed to.)

Hold the body with your right hand, thumb on the front of her right hip plate, fingers on the back of her legs.

Slide the neck peg in as far as it goes so she's staring straight down into her cleavage like she's looking for something that fell down the front of her dress.

Spoiler

20200225_203521.jpg.a287225ed70bf353e788b49515b966b2.jpg

Then rotate her head to her right so she's looking down at her right foot instead. The edge of her shoulder armor will bump up against the neckline of her dress/top of her breast.

Spoiler

20200225_203836.jpg.8a239eb6dd249b820032f4b65eb5b9cd.jpg

Take hold of her head with your left thumb on her forehead by her left horn and your fingers along the bottom of her hair.

Spoiler

20200225_203918.jpg.ac0ec20776224cc29c6817bad452e567.jpg

So now we have your left hand on her head and right hand holding her hips and legs. Apply a bit of pressure with the left hand like you're trying to rotate her head up. And then just use both hands to push her hips and the bottom of her hair towards each other until the pieces snap together. It'll help if you rotate her body clockwise just a bit while you're doing it.

If she's already painted when you put the head on, as long as she's well-sealed it shouldn't mess up the paint at all.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 2/22/2020 at 1:54 PM, lexomatic said:

Another question.  Should I do the back skirt panel before the hair?

Given the benefit of hindsight, I'd say yes if you're talking about painting. And if I'm parsing the photograph correctly, also yes in terms of assembly (though again, no direct experience there).
Painting the anterior hair surface before assembly is also probably a time-saver, but I think that was already your plan from what you say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, lexomatic said:

That is AMAZING! Thank you. Still super intimidating.

No, putting hands on Dark Sword minis and Impact chibis, or assembling Malifaux figures, are intimidating. This is just a matter of convincing yourself that it's not as big a challenge as you feared.

And I'd second the idea of attaching the back panel of her skirt before putting the head on.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

No, putting hands on Dark Sword minis and Impact chibis, or assembling Malifaux figures, are intimidating. This is just a matter of convincing yourself that it's not as big a challenge as you feared.

I have a few Malifaux... they do have instructions available and to my experience are more intuitive than this one.