Deck of Many Things and Deck of Many Fates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brybelly/the-deck-of-many-things-and-the-deck-of-many-fates-rpg-cards

Story

f2bdfc10f1046e255d9dcc6bf75030d2_origina
d53438a287b77fe223a7f117cccd7dcf_origina

The fabric of reality is twisting anew, and Fate herself groans in agony. An adventurer has received an artifact both ancient and strange: the Deck of Many Things, which deals boon and woe with the capriciousness of a fey princess.

But something else is contained herein.

Another deck, alike in power, bearing spells and shames never before seen in this world or any other. I present you, wise man or fool, with the Deck of Many Fates.

abf960ac1f4969c2da308ae48b4bb9ae_origina

Two Decks. Infinite Fates.

All dungeon masters, veteran and novice alike, have heard the legends of the Deck of Many Things. A treasured artifact which can infuse any campaign with danger, wonder, and delight. But look here: another deck has emerged from behind the veil of mystery. A deck equal in power, yet bursting with epic confrontations and sinister secrets. The Deck of Many Fates.

Comprised of two decks totaling 49 jumbo-size tarot cards, The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates are the perfect accessory for your adventuring party. Our finest sages have also included a guide on the use of these cards, as irresponsible operation may lead to disfigurement, death, and worse. 

31a9cc70810bbbf347c89b2d97aa51de_origina

The Deck of Many Things has been an RPG mainstay for over 40 years. It is an artifact of immense power and extreme chaos. Twenty-two cards each contain a strange, potent, and often game-changing effect. Perhaps you shall draw the fabled Flame card, and with it the enmity of a powerful nemesis. Or, just as likely, you may draw the Gem card, blessing you with immense wealth.

8cfacc6c32471e48e96784c6256b0569_origina
e261baad2e11bccfea2b4c0c733955dc_origina

Unlike its relative, the Deck of Many Fates is a relatively new artifact, unknown to most. It contains a staggering twenty-seven cards, each with a new power, curse, or opportunity. The Deck of Many Fates may be used on its own as an independent deck, or shuffled together with the Deck of Many Things to create a 49 card hybrid of magic, terror, and destiny.

185f04f89a8f7b8fcde7e3c863387c63_origina

The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates includes 49 jumbo tarot cards, sized at 120mm x 70mm (~4.75" x 2.75") in two hand-illustrated tuck boxes, and helpful instructions for use and play.

Shipping

Hopefully this step is nice and easy. We've designed a lightweight, tightly-packed product that ships nicely. Domestic (USA) orders ship free, and all International Orders pay a flat $5.

Campaign Updates & Stretch Goals

This campaign will have no stretch goals; what you see is what you get. We'll be using the updates to reveal more cards from our mysterious, proprietary Deck of Many Fates.

Risks and challenges

Common risks for cards items and RPG accessories typically include product and fulfillment issues. We're partnering with an experienced supplier we've worked with on several major projects like Wolves of Mercia, Derby Day Horse Racing, Michigan Rummy, and Faerie Chess. We're confident in their ability to produce and deliver, as we've seen it for ourselves dozens of times!

EDIT: I am in. $15 for 2 Decks, 49 Tarot sized cards with free shipping to US. Seems like a good deal and a small risk. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Is Deck of Many Things a trademark or ® owned by some entity other than this ks creator ?

I’m not sure. The pathfinder link has the ogl copyright listed but specifically for the Ultimate equipment guide, not the deck itself. The D&d one doesn’t have any copyright or trademark listed. 

I did find 2 decks (1 is 22 cards, and 1 is 33 cards) available currently in retail. One at $14 and the other at $85.... neither list a copyright or trade mark either. 

I saw a Kickstarter for a Domt a couple years ago, but only found it after the campaign had ended. So I am glad I saw this one while still live. It’s definitely a niche thing but I have wanted one since I had my hand cut deck I got out of a dragon magazine.... 

It’s kinda kool. Pretty cool I’ll admit. 

But, I know where to get blank cards. And,  I’d have too much fun drawing my own.  Pondering that: Does either deck (DOMT or DOMF) have the result THORNS ?

E77B0C76-7FF3-4C35-A84C-5D54630F1BD3.thumb.jpeg.8984c8362a0c91dc8932a12f42aaa6c5.jpeg

...or TENTACLES ??

AB93CD5F-A92A-4EEA-BCB3-C4646C07BA09.thumb.jpeg.db855e5f45e00c932f586b0d84e85cd3.jpeg

Just curious. 

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

covered by the OGL.

Maybe 5e too. ::):

It's in 5e too. Seems like my players are always alert when I introduce a deck of cards no matter where they find em. :rock:

Same here.

Only complaint is the inner boxes are pretty flimsy and the flap on one tore a little on me when I opened it.

Like the cards tho. Little light but the design work is nice.

C0B30D52-C089-484E-9219-7899B2A3CF3C.thumb.jpeg.a3c4bfdcaf519c9bd2980703c1bc283a.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Same here.

Only complaint is the inner boxes are pretty flimsy and the flap on one tore a little on me when I opened it.

Like the cards tho. Little light but the design work is nice.

C0B30D52-C089-484E-9219-7899B2A3CF3C.thumb.jpeg.a3c4bfdcaf519c9bd2980703c1bc283a.jpeg

Was it the deck of many fates? Mine tore a bit on opening too. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.