Stormsunder: Heirs of Ruin

Knight of the Dinner Table

I was really surprised to learn that they haven't delivered on their previous campaign (Wild Assent).  Did they partially deliver or something?

Because Kickstarter doesn't usually allow multiple projects unless the creator has previously delivered on at least one of them. 

The only reason I could see for the exception would be because they were involved with other companies that delivered.

9 minutes ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Those are some ambitiously priced pledge levels. I'm not saying they'll struggle to get backers (things like Kingdom Death exist afterall) but by pricing themselves out of the market a bit they could be losing a lot of potential backers - especially if they have an undelivered project casting a shadow over their reputation as well.

Starting a bit more than a year ago, a LOT of Kickstarter projects started emulating Kingdom Death and Gloomhaven's co-operative massive campaigns- so they're definitely going after the Kingdom Death crowd.

I looked at the company profile, and it mentioned that they worked with other companies on their Kickstarters.  The problem is that one of the two they listed was Ninja Divisions Starfinder minis.  I doubt they were involved with any of the things that went wrong there, but I know that there are people who will hold it against them (maybe even more than having an unfulfilled Kickstarter to their name).;

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the comment section:

Backer: " Isn't this project in violation of KS terms where you can't launch a new campaign before fulfilling your first? (Once you do that, KS doesn't seem to care as long as you don't launch two at the same time) "

Creator: " That rule is to stop scams, I imagine. You have to submit your project for approval prior to being able to launch. We did so and were approved... the 18th, I think? "

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

so they're definitely going after the Kingdom Death crowd.

yeah but the Kingdom Death crowd are patiently waiting for wave 3 of Kingdom Death 1.5 so they don't need to splash out on this as well.

Ninja Division

The people who killed Hell Dorado. Not doing themselves any favours there then.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

29 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

Did they partially deliver or something?

They're behind schedule, and pushed back Storm as far as they could. They're aware that not delivering Wild won't help the campaign.

I though KS didn't allow multiple KS *campaigns* to be run. CMON definitely has multiple projects that haven't been delivered yet.

Eh, whatever. :mellow: If it's a company that is small or doesn't have a track record, yellow flag them if they haven't finished delivering their previous projects.

1 hour ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

We have quotes from the major Chinese manufacturers and will be picking based on the quality they can achieve "

Yeah, but will they still be in business when they're finally be allowed to be open?

If you don't already know, the coronavirus in China has forced factories to close. Right now, only essential items, such as face masks and medical supplies, are allowed to be open. Local officials (in some provinces, at least), need to approve a factory reopening, and some provinces have been as low as 5%. Meanwhile, most small and medium Chinese companies only have enough cash reserves to stay in business two or three months. On top of this, I haven't found info about transport (eg. trains) reopening. Many migrant workers left the factories before transport was shut down, and may not be able to return. Conversely, I've read about factories where infected workers returned, infecting others. 

There's a *whole* lot of unknown, and even the forward-looking stock market has finally sunk in the message. I'm avoiding plastic KS for now, if I'm on the fence. I'll be backing Tiny Furniture's resin miniature corpses KS, and Hand of Glory's metal "hot swappable hands" miniature KS this month. Resin and metal are usually cast locally, so I'll only lose my pledge if Russia or the United States gets infected... :zombie:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

yeah but the Kingdom Death crowd are patiently waiting for wave 3 of Kingdom Death 1.5 so they don't need to splash out on this as well.

The people who killed Hell Dorado. Not doing themselves any favours there then.

Very patiently waiting.  I have no doubt that Poots will deliver amazing content...again.

And yes, I loved Hell Dorado.  One of my favorite minis games, and great sculpts.  Not surprising that KD and HD have some same sculptors.

8 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Very patiently waiting.  I have no doubt that Poots will deliver amazing content...again.

And yes, I loved Hell Dorado.  One of my favorite minis games, and great sculpts.  Not surprising that KD and HD have some same sculptors.

I could have written "I am patiently waiting" instead of "they are patiently waiting". Very patiently indeed :).

Fortunately I still have one local Hell Dorado player so we get in the occasional game every 3 or 4 months.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg