Civic Infrastructure (Nolzur's Fountain and Guillotine) plus Antediluvian's Professor Cushing

Rigel

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all! I really appreciate it. 

8 hours ago, Lostraven said:

Great job, the marble effect is perfect.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:28 AM, Thoramel said:

Great stuff. I really like the paint job on that fountain. 

On 2/24/2020 at 5:09 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Great terrain pieces!

That marble looks outstanding!

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nice work on the fountain.  You must have a light touch to be able to do the fine feathering lines of the marble so well.

:wub: I feel validated!! I'd love to take credit, but a fine brush goes a long way, and with marble, NOT controlling the lines too stringently works great. As Mandelbrot said, nature does not move in straight lines. Irregularities are a feature, not a bug! I would say if there was one technique I'd share, it's making the white and grey lines trend either both clockwise or both counterclockwise as you move up (though perhaps at slightly different angles).

16 hours ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful fountain! You have an eye for terrain. Well done guillotine as well, gives me the shivers... love the scene you made - that port town may be a bit harsh on those tourists though...

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm sure the tourists delight in the grisly, primitive guillotine in this quaint seaside town. 

Oh, it's a quaint historical relic most of the year...until some nosy busybody looks too closely int the history and etymology of Santiago y San Juan Chapel. James, Joao, Iago, Diego; Juan, John, Johannes, Hovaness...DAGON and OANNES demand their due. The fish haul has been declining lately. Perhaps if we went back to the old ways...
(If you couldn't tell, I'm a fan of the films "The Wicker Man" and "Dagon.")

• Haha 1