Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

Game store discussion!

We posed a discussion over on our discord and were curious as it was a very interesting conversation about the stock and landscape of people FLGS's around the country and world! If you want and are interested could you format a reply with the following:
Location:  store location / Name of game store / What products they carry related to the hobby.

Ex: Dallas, texas / Bob's hobbys / Valejo, Warhammer, citadel, reaper bones.... ETC

Fort Smith, Arkansas / Game Nation / Some Wiz Kids, GW Paints and Minis, books, videos, and I think used video games.

I only went there once looking to see if they carry Bones, and they were a friendly and welcoming crew, but they seem more focused on MTG and Warhammer. Sadly we don't have any other game stores closer than an hour that I know of. 

• Like 1

In the RTP, NC area, focusing on the minis and paints:

Durham, NC / Atomic Empire / Minis: Reaper metal and Bones, WizKids plastics, Warhammer, Warmachine/Hordes, Malifaux, Infinity, Guild Ball, Kings of War, et al ; Paint: Reaper MSP rack, mostly depleted Reaper HD rack, assortment of other Reaper paints, Vallejo (Model Color and Model Air), Citadel, Formula P3

Raleigh, NC / Game Theory / Minis: Reaper metal and Bones, WizKids plastics, Warhammer, Warmachine/Hordes, Guild Ball, et al ; Paint: Reaper MSP rack, Vallejo Model Color, Citadel, Army Painter, some Turbodork paints

Garner, NC / Event Horizon Games / Minis: Reaper metal and Bones, Warhammer ; Paint: Citadel (I haven't been to this store for months so I'm not sure if their inventory has changed)

Cary, NC / The Gamer's Armory / Minis: Warhammer ; Paint: Citadel (primarily a board game/wargame shop)

Cary, NC / Hangar 18 Hobbies / Minis: Warhammer and miscellaneous ; Paint: Citadel, Vallejo (Model Color, Model Air, Game Color, and Mecha Color), Tamiya, Alclad II enamels (primarily a hobby/model shop)

From what I remember of my travels:

Ashburn, VA / Huzzah Hobbies / Minis: Reaper metal and Bones, Dark Sword, Warhammer, Infinity ; Paint: Citadel, Vallejo Model Color, some Reaper triads (last visited Nov. 2019)

Hampton, VA / World's Best Comics and Games / Minis: Reaper metal and Bones, Warhammer ; Paint: Army Painter, Citadel (last visited 2018?)

Roseville, MN / Source Comics & Games / Minis: Reaper Bones, Dark Sword, others I'm sure ; Paint: Don't remember (last visited Jun 2018)

Columbia, SC / Firefly Toys & Games / Minis: Reaper Bones, others I'm sure ; Paint: Don't remember (last visited Aug 2017)

• Like 2

Broomfield, Colorado / Total Escape Games / Board games, card games, miniatures, multiple paint lines / Colorado Miniature Painters Alliance meeting 3rd Saturdays

• Like 2

Vancouver BC, Canada / Drexoll Games / Board games, puzzles, RPGs, Vallejo paint, WizKids and Reaper minis and a few minor old ones and a few historical. Emphasis on board games and RPGs. Space in back to play games.

Vancouver BC, Canada / Strategy Games & Hobby / Board games, RPGs, Games Workshop Stuff, Vallejo and Games Workshop paint. GW, Dark Sword, Reaper, Secret Weapon, Horde, perhaps 6-12 other minis brands, less represented? Mostly GW, but enough Dark Sword and basing stuff to keep me happy. Small Reaper selection. Space for gaming in the back.

Richmond BC, Canada / Imperial Hobby / SO MUCH. Huge wall of Reaper stuff (metal and bones). Tons of GW. Micro Art Studio Bases. Modeling kits. Model train stuff. Historical wargaming galore. Lots of terrain building stuff. Board games like mad. Vallejo, GW, Tamiya, Army Painter, Testors.... but Reaper and S75 are conspicuously absent from their paint selection.

• Like 1

Austin, TX / Game Kastle / Reaper Minatures, Darksword Miniatures, Bandai models, Fantasy Flight, Privateer Press, Games Workshop, assorted paint lines, assorted board games.

Austin, TX / Dragons Lair / Fantasy Flight, Games Workshop, assorted board games, comics

Round Rock, TX / Rouge's Gallery / Assorted board games, commics

Bedford, TX / Generation X Comics and Games / MTG, Pokemon TCG, Reaper (Bones), WizKids, Games Workshop, Gunpla, Army Painter, Citadel paint, assorted board games, lots of pop culture collectibles and comics.  

Fort Worth, TX/ Evolution Games (Evo) / Pokemon, MTG,YuGiOh, Games Workshop, WarmaHordes, Infinity, Historical wargames, huge gaming tables, 

Roseville, MN/Source Comics and Games/Reaper, Dark Sword (DSM's home store), WizKids D&D, GW, Many Others and Historical, Reaper Paint, Army Painter, GW paint, Valleo Paint, D&D, Pathfinder, MTG, Comics, Nearly any game imaginable

• Like 1

There a few around me that I haven't been to but my main one is:

Brea, CA/ The Realm, Games & Comics/ Board games, comics, Games Workshop (paints, supplies, and figures), Vallejo, Wizkids, some Infinity, Star Wars Legion and X-Wing, RPG books, dice, some card games, Army Painter brushes and tufts, Gamers Grass bases and tufts, Redgrass palettes, various other games and supplies.

Carbondale, Illinois has 2:

Castle Perilous, good gaming areas, 40K, D&D, Pathfinder, Heroclix, Star Wars, Battletech, Nolzurs, Reaper, Ironwind,Citadel, Vallejo, Army Painter good used book and game sections, been around for 30+ years.

The Game Table, 2 years with good gaming areas. D&D Pathfinder Starfinder Battletech 40K, Citadel paints and supplies

Marion Illinois, Fox's Hobbies, D&D, Star Wars, Wings of Glory

and all 3 of course have MtG, Pokemon, etc

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Roseville, MN/Source Comics and Games/Reaper, Dark Sword (DSM's home store), WizKids D&D, GW, Many Others and Historical, Reaper Paint, Army Painter, GW paint, Valleo Paint, D&D, Pathfinder, MTG, Comics, Nearly any game imaginable

Oh wow, that's my FLGS! Good to meet a fellow Minnesotan! I think Source has a pretty great mini selection. And they do classes too!

• Like 1

ProSoul Games

Ontario OR

Ashton & his wife are magnificent people that run a game store that caters to ccgers & rpgers & board gamers.

As far as hobby product, the store mostly stocks GW (paints & minis) but he does have a good selection of Wizkids unpainted & 2 good size bins of single prepaints. He does have a small assortment of Army Painter products but the big thing is he can order & it'll be in the store in roughly 2 or 3 days if it's in stock. Very little in terms of Reaper product but that is due to a personal problem he has in getting the items. I've told him Reaper does direct sales but he doesn't want to go that route...yet.

RPG he has the standards of 5e & Pathfinder. He has a small assortment of other rpgs but again, if it's out there he can probably order it & get it in a few days. He does have small assortment of used rpgs & such (I seen him telling a employee to put back a couple of older 3.5 D&D books for someone last night.

The store also has a great snack & refreshment assortment as well + a movie-style popcorn machine!!! (no need to pay movie theater prices for popcorn now!!)

No video games at all (hence the name of the store, "Pro"s & "Con")!!

• Like 1

Clive IA / Mayhem Comics / Comics, a huge selection of board games, collectible card games and RPGs, GW, FFG, and Privateer Press minis/games, several other smaller minis games, a full wall of Wizkids minis, and even more Reaper Bones minis. Paints stocked are GW and Army Painter - I wish they would pick up Reaper MSP.

They have a pretty decent sized gaming room on one side, and are currently remodeling the Thai restaurant that shut down on the other side of them as a new and bigger gaming space. Not sure what they're going to do with the current gaming space.

Omaha, Nebraska/The Game Shoppe/Army Painter, Games Workshop, Reaper, Gale Force 9, Fantasy Flight Games, WizKids, Wyrd, CCGs, RPGs, Board Games, Dice, Card Protectors, Play Mats

Omaha, Nebraska/The Dragon's Lair/Army Painter, Games Workshop, Reaper, Gale Force 9, Fantasy Flight Games, WizKids, Wyrd, CCGs, RPGs, Board Games, Dice, Card Protectors, Play Mats

Both stores (all locations) very well stocked.  I haven't been out to The Geek Room to know what they have, 

• Like 1