Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

Game store discussion!

Jonesboro, AR

Gamer's Haven

GW minis and paints, some WizKids minis, mostly board games.

It's a LGS, but not a FLGS. Unless there is something I need right now, I order my hobby things online.

Altoona, PA USA/ Gatehouse Games/Minis, GW, WizKids, Reaper metal and Bones/Paints: GW, Valeoh, Model Color/RPGs: D&D. PF, various others/Tabletop games: board, CCGs, mini wargames

Tim Gatehouse is an excellent person and a gamer himself. The store recently moved to a bigger, better location with tons of gaming room. It has several customized wargaming tables and plenty of room for both RPGs and CCGs, simultaneously! An excellent community too! Highly recommend going if you are in the area.

GF

Saint John, NB / Heroes' Beacon / Army Painter and Vallejo for paint, Wizkids, FFG, a bit of Reaper and several others for minis, gundams, comics, a ton of card games and board games

Saint John, NB / Gamezilla / GW primarily, some FFG and Wizkids, lots of Magic, good selection of board games.

Longmont, Colorado / Hobbytown USA / Boardgames, hobby supplies, model kits, some miniatures. Friendly with gaming space upstairs.

Glendale, Arizona / Imperial Outpost / Excellent selection of games of all types, miniatures and supplies available but with less selection, decent gaming space

Canton, GA/ Dragon’s Eye Games/decent stock of WizKids, too many GW models to count, a fair amount of Reaper minis but the owner is so cool he would probably stock anything I asked about. BEST prices in the north Atlanta area. Also my go-to for Magic singles and comics. Really clean store too. 

Roswell, GA/Heroic Games/WizKids-centric, a handful of new-release GW...and not a single Reaper product! :(

HOWEVER, really nice shop with a friendly staff, fwiw.

Kennesaw, GA/Hobbytown USA/tons of Reaper products (boxed models too!), plenty of GW and WizKids, as well as Wild West Exodus which I would like to get into....several other random mini brands as well. However, their prices are too high by comparison to other LGS’s

Marietta, GA/Dr. No’s/plenty of WiKids, a few old, dried-up Citadel paints, a single (seriously) Citadel brush, and some old metal Reaper minis stuffed in a basket if you dig deep enough. I cleaned out their plastic Reaper products and they apparently don’t plan on restocking. They have a few more random bits...and one single bottle of MSP silver. I go here for comics only. High prices in my opinion.

Edited by Jellyranger69

Hands down, the best FLGS I've had the pleasure of visiting was in my old hometown of Del City/Midwest City in Oklahoma - New World Comics and Games. The owner started out as an employee who worked there for years, saved up the cash, and bought it from the prior owner. He's a great guy, and even though it's years between when I get to visit, he always recognizes me. They still have some of the terrain my gaming group gifted them from our WH40K days when we moved out of town, too. Gets used by newer players. Great store, and I wish I could visit more often, but it's a bit of a drive from Kentucky...

When I lived in St. Louis, I really liked the Fantasy Shop stores. They were a chain, and the best one was in St. Charles, but they had a good selection of minis, books, comics, and pretty solid staff. That was over a decade ago, but I wouldn't complain about visiting them again if I get the chance.

In the Northern KY/Cincinnati area, the best FLGS, YottaQuest, closed several years back. It really sucked, because, while they didn't sell comics, they did a brisk business in miniatures, board games, and had an amazingly well curated MTG singles library. The staff were great, the owner was really friendly. His sons recently reopened YQ in another location, but I've only been once since. It's a really long drive, and the store just didn't feel quite the same. I should go back, see if they're doing any better. During the grand reopening, the miniatures selection was lackluster...

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 1

I have none that are really local at the moment, but the ones I go to are:

Timewarp comics, ceder grove NJ. This one has been around for a long time. At the moment they have a lot of boardgames, comics, and D&D/pathfinder. They carry Valejo, GW and a small number of p3 paints. They have Games workshop, privateer, and reaper minis, but those sections have all been shrinking. There's a lot of other stuff.

Mythicos, Succasaunna NJ. They've got some sort of partnership with warlord so they have a lot of warlord stuff. They also heavily stock Games Workshop, battletech, and wizkids. They keep a small assortment of bones minis and new releases for most RPGS. They also do 3d printing. The big draw is that they have a really great play area, bunch of nice tables, decent selection of terrain to go on them, really nice place to have a game. they also do some pretty good hobby classes. They're pretty far from me, but they're supposed to be opening a second location in my county some time before the end of summer.

Nice try, FBI/not today, CIA/a seemingly endless supply of Magic merch, a big display of Warhammer stuff, Chessex dice, whatever that Transformers game stuff is, some few D&D books and a few Pathfinder books I suspect may be left over from when current owners bought the store from previous, and a handful of D&D and PF prepaints leftover from same.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for responding and helping with this discussion. It really helps getting the point of view from the community. Just wanted to express my gratitude!

• Like 4

Groton, CT  the Citadel Games Cellar.  The longest continuously running game store in CT.  Also known as the store that time forgot as the previous owner never marked anything down or got rid of anything.  Minis: Reaper Bones, a swindling supply of Dark heaven Legends, Warlord, Pathfinder  minis.  A full like of the Wizkids unpainted and prepainted.  X-wing and Imperial Assault and Star Trek and various other games.  OOP lines such as Chronocopia and some Ral Partha and even some chainmail.  A selection of historicals including some naval combat.  The only 40K stuff they have came in from a collection they bought.  All of the major RPGs (DnD, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Gurps, Traveler, Shadow Run; and some older editions), and many of the fringe ones from companies that haven't seen the light of day.  Back issues of magazines (Dragon, Dungeon, Pyramid, Scryre) and older catalogs (must be 10 hard cover copies of TSR's 1996 product catalog/collectors guide).  Boardgames of all varieties; new, OOP, used.  Gaming tables and magic cards and singles.  Again of many editions (last I knew they still had some unopened boxes of Ice Ige kicking about; though there was a guy who would by a couple of boxes for an annual sealed deck tournament, he may have depleted the stock).  I'm sure there are much more, but I don't have all day.  It's well worth stopping by if you get the chance.  And if you are looking for packs of the Star Trek CCG from the 90's, they got you covered.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

a swindling supply of Dark heaven Legends, Warlord, Pathfinder  minis.

What did they swindle you out of, @Dilvish the Deliverer

I know that's a typo and you meant dwindling, but it's still hilarious to think about Swindling Metal minis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Olympia, Washington/Olympic Cards and Comics/Reaper, Games Workshop, Wizkids, FFG, Army Painter, Vallejo, and much more.

This place is HUGE. Like I want to say they have 11,000 sq.ft. of space. One half is dedicated to comics and the other half is hobby/board game/RPG/CCG related. I love it. They are the friendliest game store I've ever been to. There's another one in Lakewood, Wa. called the Game Matrix but I haven't been there in ages to remember what all they carry.

• Like 1

Puzzle’s Game and Hobby, Sheridan WY. It’s like, a walk-in closet sized part of a shoe store. They carry some reaper paints, some wiz kids/nolzurs/deep cuts, and a few other things. They have a few board games. 

It’s really sad. They don’t even have a proper dice display.

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Puzzle’s Game and Hobby, Sheridan WY. It’s like, a walk-in closet sized part of a shoe store. They carry some reaper paints, some wiz kids/nolzurs/deep cuts, and a few other things. They have a few board games. 

It’s really sad. They don’t even have a proper dice display.

Reminds me of a MTG shop we have near here....literally the closet of a computer store, maybe room for a dozen players at a time? 

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Nice try, FBI/not today, CIA/a seemingly endless supply of Magic merch, a big display of Warhammer stuff, Chessex dice, whatever that Transformers game stuff is, some few D&D books and a few Pathfinder books I suspect may be left over from when current owners bought the store from previous, and a handful of D&D and PF prepaints leftover from same.

Ha! You n’ me are pals now, Marv. That’s two days in a row you’ve made me LOL.

Edited by Jellyranger69
  • Haha 1