Public Market - Talon Strikes Studios

Public Market, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/693352677/public-market?ref=android_project_share

582b17f8a56a0faf7b7132e3edbd3007_origina

Public Market is a tile drafting and tile-laying game set in the Pacific Northwest. Players will venture out on to the open waters of the Pacific, haul in fresh fish (represented as polyominoes), and carefully pack the fish into an ice chest (ideally around the crabs and ice cubes already present). Once the player feels comfortable with the amount of fish in their ice chest, they head to the market to fulfill contracts to outsell their competition and build their reputation up with the local canneries. 

Designed by the team Flatout Games (designers of Point Salad and publisher of Calico) and with stunning art by Beth Sobel, Public Market is a wonderful mix of bidding, tile placement, set collection, and engine building. Jump aboard your vessel and head out on the cool crisp waters to find your adventure.

ed63ae105dac7a817a020e7ddc0339ec_origina
0b03cf7f4af9f5dbafd6d00b13170a91_origina
a408b87ce2e4947658a1b64141a2feca_origina
3c08a81354c01bffb642bb0db5556144_origina

This one is a local one for me. While I haven't gamed with them personally, I know many people that do. I have been invited to try this out this weekend (and playtest some other games too), but don't think I will be able to make it.

Some friends with gaming opinions that I value greatly have vouched for this one. It has my pledge, for sure.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...