Need Help Finding a Early/Mid-90’s GW Orc?

Glitterwolf’s question for today inspired me to go on the hunt...

I’m looking for an orc that I received when I called to order a GW catalog back in....’92? ‘95?

He was a fantasy model rather than 40k, I recall he’s holding two axes, the one in his right hand was raised up and the other held downward. I think he had a furry horned helmet? He was plastic. I’m pretty sure his mouth was open in a shout. He was just a basic mini, whatever they would send you as your “first free” model.

I just have a fleeting memory but I would love to get another one now that I’m (mostly) grown up. Anyway if this rings a bell among any of you orc enthusiasts, please let me know. Thanks, gang! 

- Jelly

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, K2h2m3 said:

I think you may be thinking of a black orc. IIRC he had an axe in one hand and a scimitar in the other.

I agree. Except for the open mouth, it sounds a lot like the basic black orc plastic trooper of the mid-90’s era.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, K2h2m3 said:

I think you may be thinking of a black orc. IIRC he had an axe in one hand and a scimitar in the other.

Yes! He was holding a scimitar!  Thank you!

58 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I agree. Except for the open mouth, it sounds a lot like the basic black orc plastic trooper of the mid-90’s era.

Hey, thanks! 

I managed to find this pic on Google Images, this is him! Now I just gotta hunt one down.

F4C144A3-8D7B-4E2A-B416-E8BD243C6A8C.jpeg

Edited by Jellyranger69
  • Like 2

I have a few (8 I think) of the plastic guys like that and the metal command set for them. Leader with two handed axe, drummer and standard bearer. Never did buy enough orcs to make an army out of them before GW changed over to the style they have now. Just have a few odds and ends of the late 80s and 90s ones. I like them better than the new ones but never was interested enough to hunt them up. Send me a pm if you're interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1