Sign in to follow this  
Peithetairos

Elladan Elven Ranger 77071

The Elfin Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation...as is his evil adversary. The background is an EXQUISITE creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

On 2/27/2020 at 1:53 AM, Jellyranger69 said:

Such a nice piece you’ve ended up with. The dagger’s positioning adds a subtle note of drama to the pose.

Thank you! I indeed aimed for a pose conveying: Come and get some. The original did not quite do it. 

On 2/27/2020 at 4:04 AM, Rigel said:

Sharp cheekbones and sharp knives! Exquisite work, and I love the forest scene at the bottom. 

Much obliged. I try to get back into making scenic shots with all the new miniatures. Set up is always a bit involved, especially with a toddler in the house. :devil:

On 2/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, malefactus said:

The Elfin Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation...as is his evil adversary. The background is an EXQUISITE creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you kindly. My new basing mix (ground rooibos tea) really works well as forest floor.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful!

The battle scene is a work of art!

Thank you for your kind words. I love taking scenic shots, really adds a narrative that is lacking otherwise.

20 hours ago, Iridil said:

Very nice - the way you did the face and weapons adds a lot of movement and drama - beautiful scene as well.

Glad you like it. I am tempted to glaze the cheek bones a tad when I am painting my next face, just to smooth that transition out, but maybe I leave it as is. I tried to make him look to the right, as if he would seize his opponent, assured of his skills with the blade - thus the smirk. Great detail on the face with this sculpt. The smirk really works.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.

Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.

This is how he sits mounted.  But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets.  I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!

A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn.  I also sharpened the lance tip.  It comes cylindrical out of the blister.

Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.

White brush on primer, Black on the base.  
      I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look:  1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone.  It may become my go-to for bone work.
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      I mentioned this in randomness. I've been building an urbanmech style grot bot as a present for a friend's birthday. 

Since I won't be the one painting it, this is as done as my part gets. 

This was the bot last night. The big gun is a Tau weapon, the legs are from an ambot, the other arm is a mix of random bits, and the body is a stack of bases and part of a TV mount. 

Then this morning I added the Ork details. 

A bunch of horns, a face, some more bits, and a lot of those triangles orks like. 
      And a back shot. You can see the exposed fuel tanks.

And a detail shot of the gun. Which I would like to point out has three different ammo feeds, none of which are correct for the weapon type. 

• By Shadespyre
      Two more members of my hill giant tribe, obviously the one on the left is the original. The one on the right has a totally seamless hair piece (!) and obviously a modified club based on one stolen from another giant. He also has a slightly more upright stance which required an extension of his furs and was probably more trouble than the effect is worth, to be honest.

• By Standifer
      This is one of my armies that I’m working on for Dragon rampant. Sadly there are not many pictures to post of it right now since I don’t have many models, yet. But a large portion of it will be made up of Reaper overlords units with a couple of minis from others brands thrown in. 
      The first one! This is an Overlords Onyx phalanx by Reaper minis. I needed to compare sizes with my hero before getting a full force so I sadly only have one currently.

The other unit currently being worked on is a Wizkids Nolzurs triceratops that I am converting into a cavalry mount. I am using milliputt for the harness, and am planing to use paper clips to make the reins. I’m wanting to make it barded like a warhorse but I’m unsure on how to do it. Any suggestions?
      I hope to get my rider in here soon so I can start working on that part of the conversion.
      Thankyou for looking!

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my 2019 ReaperCon Open category entry. I took Shaelin, a female bard and converted her to a vampire hunter. I am very happy with how she turned out as these were the most intensive conversions that I have done before.

Changes that I made:
      Removed hawk on shoulder
      Swapped lute for a crossbow
      Added hat
      Removed hood on cloak
      Added fur to cloak
      Swapped sword for crossbow bolt
      Changed cloak clasps
      Added overlap and buttons to tunic
      Added sleeves

• Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)