Sign in to follow this  
Peithetairos

Elladan Elven Ranger 77071

The Elfin Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation...as is his evil adversary. The background is an EXQUISITE creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

Very nice - the way you did the face and weapons adds a lot of movement and drama - beautiful scene as well.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:53 AM, Jellyranger69 said:

Such a nice piece you’ve ended up with. The dagger’s positioning adds a subtle note of drama to the pose.

Thank you! I indeed aimed for a pose conveying: Come and get some. The original did not quite do it. 

On 2/27/2020 at 4:04 AM, Rigel said:

Sharp cheekbones and sharp knives! Exquisite work, and I love the forest scene at the bottom. 

Much obliged. I try to get back into making scenic shots with all the new miniatures. Set up is always a bit involved, especially with a toddler in the house. :devil:

On 2/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, malefactus said:

The Elfin Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation...as is his evil adversary. The background is an EXQUISITE creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you kindly. My new basing mix (ground rooibos tea) really works well as forest floor.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful!

The battle scene is a work of art!

Thank you for your kind words. I love taking scenic shots, really adds a narrative that is lacking otherwise.

20 hours ago, Iridil said:

Very nice - the way you did the face and weapons adds a lot of movement and drama - beautiful scene as well.

Glad you like it. I am tempted to glaze the cheek bones a tad when I am painting my next face, just to smooth that transition out, but maybe I leave it as is. I tried to make him look to the right, as if he would seize his opponent, assured of his skills with the blade - thus the smirk. Great detail on the face with this sculpt. The smirk really works.

• Thanks 1

I found some time to take some more scenic shots featuring Elladan and his old friend Anirion. As I currently don't have enough trees for a dense forest look, I decide to go for a forest clearing scene. Hope you like it. 

IMG_20200408_221836_256.thumb.jpg.64f338ab5a8d0c0ea4d4b83769986b04.jpg

Edited by Peithetairos
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, this is a mini that I made as a joke for a friend of mine. He GMs a lot of games, and has always been a bit fascinated by the fact that the Half Dragon template can be added to almost any kind of creature. Including ones that reproduce by dividing.
      Truly, the biology of dragons is a wonder.
      Anyway, he got to completely wreck the party with this Half Black Dragon Gelatinous Cube.
      I made it by combining some parts from an invisible dragon and gelatinous cube minis (both from Reaper’s Bones line). I used water effect for gap filling and a bit of sculpting, and added a little color with some thinned down paints. I wanted to give the impression that it picks up debris from the floor as it moves along.
      Except for the eyes, which are totally opaque so that they can show up. Seriously, I think they’re the only part that really shows up at all in the pictures, but you get the idea.

In an unrelated project for the same friend, I found a really strange bit that I think is supposed to be the head of a dragon, but seriously looks like a half dragon spider. So that got painted too.
      Man, dragons really make some poor choices.

• By Mothsniper
      Galladon, Male Wizard

This guy as it turns out can be disassemble into pieces!
      Win for me, because I hate detailed undercuts.

And I do not like the staff (fish/dragon)head.
      Does not fit the character imo.
      The red squiggly turned out verynice!

FINISHED here!

• By Peithetairos
      My next project is another ranger. I already have a cool male elf ranger, but thought it might be nice to add a female version. So going through the Bones minis I came across Nienna.

Unfortunately her face detail was very shallow and detail was overall a bit hit and miss. I love the pose, though.

Out comes the scalpel, greenstuff and bitz box.

Two evening sessions later I swapped the head and weapon, shaved away some of the front detail and resculpted the area.

I am not entirely finished yet, but soon I can establish the base colours. 

• By lazarp
      Ok lets talk about this mini. 

I got it two years ago in the Legend of Drizzt boxed game and just never use it. Why? Because it just looks weird for a dwarf and it is overall lacking if that makes sense. But I believe it has potential to look pretty cool and become one of my favourite minis. This isn't the first time that I dislike and convert a Wizkids "hero" mini but this conversion will be the most drastic so far.

So lets begin. First of all, the thing that bugs me the most are Athrogates flails. I've found some artwork online and here's how they could look like:

And, if you take a look at the first image above, they look like a pair of maracas:

This obviously means that I have to do a weapon swap. I will also change his hand position to make the pose more intimidating.

The second thing that i dislike is his spiked armor, it is supposed to look cool I guess but to me those spikes resemble crystals and it just looks super weird to me (kinda like the dark souls crystal armor) and doesn't go with the overall vibe of the mini

That means I will also remove the spikes from his helmet, shoulder armor and boots and make them look different and hopefully better.

I'm sorry for a long post, and I will keep you updated. Thanks for looking! 

• By Standifer
      Several weeks ago I got to go to the hobby store and found a couple of new minis, one was this little jewel.

It is pretty much done in the painting department, but what good is a catapult without its crew?
      These are some Oathmark dwarves that I’m converting to do the job.

I admit the barrel is too big to fit in the catapult, but I’m going to find a way to work it in.

I need to build a base big enough to hold everything and get some more dwarves, it is a start though.
      Ideas are welcome!
      Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)