Sign in to follow this  
ced1106

Towns & Taverns. 2 Modular Books of Battle Mats for Roleplay

$40 + Shipping for a single set of two books.

$75 + Shipping for two sets of books *plus* a copy of their Little Book of Town and Taverns.

Add-ons TBA.

SG's are additional pages. Free stickers at 150K. Woo! Stickers! ::D:

I posted a review of their Little Book of Dungeon Taverns. I highly recommend a second copy, for portability. https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/18/18527.phtml

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingbooks/towns-and-taverns-2-modular-books-of-battle-mats-for-roleplay?ref=user_menu

5c543c1bc4963713236ef7a4fb995c38_origina

99e8fbe90df35afb22f99c8d2c3c86f5_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 3

In for the plus pledge. Hoping I can add on the Dungeon books, as I missed out on them. Love the idea of this format.

• Like 2

In for this one as well :)

@MarvinFrom the bottom of the page:

"For convenience we are making our existing products available to add on to your pledge in the BackerKit phase once the Kickstarter has ended. Our books are also available from your FLGS or favourite online retailer.

Optional purchases will not increase shipping costs which we are setting based on your selected pledge level (excluding digital) So you will not pay any extra shipping if you add on more books!"

Which is pretty neat, I might take advantage of this

• Like 4

I backed their dungeons Kickstarter and also added their “big book” of battlemats as part of my pledge; I couldn’t be happier. 

I’ve  backed this one for the 2x2 books plus the little book that comes with it. 

• Like 2

Nope and I haven't heard any comments about the spirals for their previous dungeon or their other Big Book products. I imagine the spirals would get in the way if you were to have a non-gridded book for use with miniature skirmish games using rulers. But they're fine for RPG and miniature games with square-based movement. Personally, I prefer 1' square tiles, but haven't seen an inexpensive product like that since a 3.x D&D Basic Set box. If it's like the last KS, the book will have 40 maps, so that's $1 per map vs Pathfinder Flip-Mats which are about $10+ each. (The maps aren't exactly comparable, but tell my wallet that.) EDIT: Maybe if you wanted to put the spiral-side of one map next to the spiral-side of another it might get in the way??

I also have game tiles, but, since they're different sizes, I've found them to be a pain to organize. OTOH, I still use them with maps, such as Loke's cobblestone battle maps. The Big Book will have at least one map of cobblestone, so you can use them with your game tiles *and* 3D tiles! ^_^

Review of Loke's cobblestone map with various game tiles: https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/18/18197.phtml

Edited by ced1106
  • Thanks 1

Ten extra pages (maps) added for *twenty* square feet of gaming!

Example layout of bridge district and guild quarter, with a ship from the little books

7bda0f63faba05fc4656172b148c4b6c_origina

Edited by ced1106

On 2/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, Disciple of Sakura said:

These are tempting, but I've got a bunch of other, similar tile sets for villages. Looks really cool, though. Does the spiral get in the way for anyone who's used these?

Haven’t bothered myself or my players in any instances. 

• Like 1

All free SG's unlocked!

Campaign is now unlocking sticker sets. These additional sets may be purchased in the PM or replace the free sticker set with every set of books (eg. you get two sticker sets at the DOUBLE pledge of two sets of books).

The KS has a £5 digital-content pledge level that has all the content of the non-digital content, and will be available in April.

Loke Battlemats, as part of their Drive Thru RPG presence, is also offering a free set of fantasy and SF maps for online play during the CoVid epidemic.  See this update. :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingbooks/towns-and-taverns-2-modular-books-of-battle-mats-for-roleplay/posts/2787384

4f50db594ca43e212c5ca38587f64a26_origina

c70284ccb16009faec46fa3b9a80f7e6_origina

I don’t have any experience with the Syrinscape app but from the reviews I read on the App Store, I’m less than enthusiastic. I’d love any kind of constructive feedback before I got and download it, create an account, etc. 

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering this for the ease and variety. Even tempted to go for the 2x bundle, since it's not much more and it'd be nice to have some extra space on the map. On the other hand, I really shouldn't be spending so much money right now. I've still gotta pay for Bones 5...

• Like 1

One hour left!

Last SG!

4592ee4aaa4f9daf6b94d90467ffc837_origina

Edited by ced1106