Jump to content

44003 Bones Black Ziba Efreeti


Recommended Posts

Thanks to this thread I finally figured out how to assemble this mini. If you are at all hesitant, please look at it, especially the excellent step by step on page 2 (h/t @Mad Jack).

Things have been scrubbed,  and I have some idea of the color scheme.

Dusky skin triad and maroon red/cinnamon red for the skin, and hexed lichen/witchcraft purple/warlord purple for the tabard. Not sure about the metal yet.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean I worked on some mold lines ?20200228_144831.thumb.jpg.1fea1f1323f28ad3e89ee5e929f51260.jpg

After fixing the basecoat, I noticed lots of rubbing. 20200228_144750.thumb.jpg.dbdc73850a276e2a173fda912e1586bb.jpg

Did some more base coats then went back and patched stuff up including the bangs I'd added below.


I intend to do the hair  fire style, so the yellows will be on he bottom.

After waiting for that to dry I added a coat of matte medium to be the first thing to rub.


So preventatively, what can I do to differentiate the skin and clothes? I intend to line, the clothes will be brighter in a pink hue, the skin will be brighter with red. They currently look a bit samey in these pics.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some more base coating.  Hopefully this helps with the moar contrasts.

The green is Cayman green. Plan on dry brushing antique gold then using am olive wash.

The indigo is ultraviolet shadow w/rainy grey 1/1.

Indigo will get a silver/steel type thing. I might try to do flames (reflections of flame from hair?) on the swords if I feel like pushing things. Any ody got a good example for more than just OSL?


  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some painting of metallics - drybrush of antique gold over the Cayman green, very subtle highlighting on the blue armor. For consistency, I'm thinking of changing the tunic/skirt/tabard to the same combo with the ultramarine. Thoughts? I love that purple but don't think it fits.

Pretty much clothing and horns and bone/skulls left.

I also did a sepia wash on the bone. Soon I'll be gluing, doing touch ups, and ready for game next wednesday.





  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm calling it because it's awkward to glue properly. I was unable to get it to fit,  and so the head isn't on well. I will probably sell or avoid any miniature that's cut this way in future. I really like the paint job, but this has been really disappointing. I consider it ruined because its cut in some super awkward way that requires forcing and angling.




  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By lexomatic
      I've been wanting a few quick space saving buildings for  war gaming. I decided to make a few false fronts,  but use a simplified biscuit (instead of a tab like many paper models) to make them free standing. Rolling out the brick pattern would help. 
      These would be for my foam boards (insert link here sometime).  But it turns out my plan of 3 row buildings (8.25x 6 )with separate corner pieces isn't going to fit. Need to decide whether to split up into 2 building pieces  (5.5 in long x 6 in high) or do corner and 1 building and have them  connect. I also now need figure out whether to plan for an alley when I didn't in my boards. Hmm. Stay tuned.
    • By lexomatic
      I few years ago I emptied a can of spray foam for some hills. I decided to hack up one to see if I could do some scatter that was more rock  pile than grassy hill like I've previously done (insert link to foam experiments thread).
      About a month ago I hacked the foam hill, and last night I glued it to a dead DVD as a base and clamped it.

      This is what it looks like now.

      I'm going to let it dry a bit more then give it some goop, then a modge seal. Then drybrush, and maybe some flock.
    • By lexomatic
      I got  few pieces to add to my previous set due to SW closing.
      Here's my WIP thread for all of them. These most recent pieces start on p5.

    • By lexomatic
      Bones 5
      WIP is where the work starts in this thread.
      Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dungeon Dwellers: WIP  SHOWOFF
      Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
      Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF
      Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
      Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
      Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF
      Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
      Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
      Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
      Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
      Maybe more I don't remember yet
      Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

    • By lexomatic
      I finished another encounter.
      This one starts here, and continues p7-10  of the WIP thread.
      My general Bones 5 WIP thread

      More pics later

  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...