Jasper's FFG Star Wars Legion Stormtroopers (unit #1)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Mckenna35
      Finished a couple more gang members for Warlord Games Judge Dredd game.  Painted with reaper and Vallejo.  In theory they'll get used for demos so I didn't want to burn a lot f time on the bases.  These were some of their first figures in their new resin.  It's kind of like Bones I as far as material goes.  Also think they some of their early  ones in 3d modelling as the "engraving" is almost too light.  makes it hard to pick out details and you've got to be careful not to apply too heavy a coat or you'll fill in lines pretty easily.

• By Chaoswolf
      'Scorch' Sotniko was hot. This whole damn world was hot, but this stinking jungle somehow seemed to be hotter still. The other mercenaries he was moving through the jungle with looked like they were feeling about the same as he was. Strange Midnight, their scout, didn't seem to be bothered as much as everyone else, but that was because he came from the rad deserts of Zargove-3. This was just a nice stroll in the woods for him. Scorch knew that they'd be at the rendezvous point in another half hour or so, and then he'd get a break. He'd be able to refill his canteens, as well as to remove the heavy Intergalactic Marine Expeditionary Force armor that he'd gotten a few months back off the black market. Between the heavy armor, the protective anti-flash gear, the flamethrower he was carrying, and all the rest of his gear, he had a fairly heavy load. It'd be good to able to shed the weight, even if only for a little while. Some of the other guys gave him grief about his chosen equipment, but they hadn't seen what the bugs they were hunting could do to a man; Scorch had. From what he'd heard, the IMEF armor was supposed to offer a substantial amount of protection from the claws and fangs that most of their current enemy was armed with. Likewise, the flamethrower was good for keeping them at a distance and killing whole swaths of the things at once. Yeah, it might be hot, but the way Scorch figured it, that was better than all the screamin', bleedin' and dyin' he remembered from his first encounter with the bugs.

Nothing fancy, just a fairly quick tabletop paint job to shake the rust off.

• By Mckenna35
      Thought some of you might find this of interest:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/isw-71b-scout-ship?ref=user_menu

Available as either a physical model or STL

Command power. Command efficiency. Command versatility. Command respect.
      Able to go from atmosphere to Jump in under 18 cronons. Equipped with four Ultonium-powered 418ml SXV-55 Bust-A-Drives™. Voted Starship and Pilot's Scout Ship of the Year. Available with three different equipment payloads. The fastest, safest, most versatile scout ship you will ever fly.
      The all new ISW-71B.
      Boldly go.
      ISW-71B SCOUT SHIP
      Illyrian Ship Works is renowned for excellence in both design and efficiency. The ISW-71B is no exception. It sets the new standard for classic design with modern performance.
      The Scout Ship Miniature Kit is a "game" scale multi-part model pressure cast in high quality urethane resin for easy assembly. It is sized to be compatible with most 28-35mm miniatures for tabletop battle games and RPGs.  The kit may be upgraded through unlocked stretch goals or with Add-On packs available through the Kickstarter project.
      THIS MODEL WILL BE AVAILABLE AS BOTH A RESIN KIT AND AS STL FILE DOWNLOADS.
      In the CORE SET you will get :
      1 ISW-71B Scout Ship kit Unlocked Stretch Goals The ship measures 12"/30.48cm in length overall with a 4.75"/12.06cm diameter hull and an 8"/20.30cm wingspan. It should be suitable for any scenario in the COUNTERBLAST Adventure Battle Game and will fit in on the tabletop with plenty of  scenery and vehicles for other games.
       There are two basic pledges - The Scout Ship Resin Kit which is a physical model kit that will be shipped to you once production is complete or the Scout Ship STL Digital Kit which you can download. Each kit has all the same parts and will include all of the the unlocked CORE stretch goals.
      We have also added the LANCER Backer Level. This is an a la carte level for backers who may want access to the pledge manager after the campaign ends, or may only want certain individual Add On items.
      *NOTE - THIS LEVEL DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FREE STRETCH GOAL ITEMS AVAILABLE ON THE OTHER BACKER LEVLES*
      The parts have been test-printed on EPAX X1K and EPAX E10 resin printers. All of the parts have been sized to fit on a build plate that has a 130.56mm (L) x 82.62mm (W) x 155mm (H) build volume.
      Throughout the campaign we will be sharing pics from other printers in FDM materials too.

• By Auberon
      This year's Christmas present to myself was a Sonic Mini 4k printer.  I've done a few runs now and promised a pic of a painted mini at some point.  Gardain here was a bit of a failure as it turns out there were a few problems with the pre-supports.  Still, he's 99% ok which means he's good enough to use as an example, but also that I don't care enough to paint to a high standard.

So with that in mind, he was painted with a thin layer of primer through the airbrush, a slightly thinned basecoat, and then a few washes.  I.e. the point is to show off how much detail the printer can do, how visible the layer lines are, etc, not how well I can (or can't) paint. He is a 32mm scale dwarf, which means he is a little taller than a Reaper dwarf, but not quite as tall as a Reaper human.

The very bottom of this gauntlet pancaked, but you can only really see it if he is upside down.

Yup, that's a hair support.  The presupport was at too low of an angle so it bonded to the figure.

Btw, those eyes are tiny. His right eye is really bad because the arm blocks coming in from below, the sculpted bushy eyebrow makes any high angle impossible, and he has a big nose.  Jab straight in and hit where you aim!  In fact, they are so small that I can't even tell I painted them at arm's length.  If you skipped them to get him on the table no one would notice.

And there you have it, my first [painted] 3D print.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)