Harrek

Bones 4 Wraiths

Three different two-packs: 77641, 77642, and 77643

They are translucent now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, strawhat said:

Three different two-packs: 77641, 77642, and 77643

They are translucent now.

That’s why I could not find them.  And now why they no longer interest me ....

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Harrek said:

That’s why I could not find them.  And now why they no longer interest me ....

I felt the same way at first, but I'm pretty sure a primer coat will render them opaque. 

• Thanks 1

Primer does indeed work just fine on the translucent minis.

Reaper's inks seem to keep translucency when painting over these, if you don't want to lose the translucence, and I've seen some amazing things done with translucence using other products, but you might need to poke around the forums to get more detail on what those products would be.

Whatever the case, primer seems to work just fine for rendering these translucent minis opaque.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, YronimosW said:

Primer does indeed work just fine on the translucent minis.

+1 here.  I prime all my translucent figs - I find the clear plastic a gimmick at best - and the finished product is indistinguishable from regular Bones when painted.

The Egg

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't get the hate about translucent minis, personally. It can be a really interesting and/or useful effect in some circumstances, especially with regards to ghosts or spell effects, and it doesn't prevent one from painting opaque colors onto the mini, thereby creating a miniature just like any other. I can't paint a miniature to become translucent, but I can paint a translucent miniature to become opaque.

• Like 5

My only dislike for Translucents is when they color them something that makes it harder to leave them translucent and get an effect without priming the entire thing..  thus the outcry when they were thinking of tinting the Gem dragon.  Or inconsistencies.. like the Graveyard wraith is in light green, but the Bones 4 wraiths are in light blue.. it's much harder to just use inks to make them match.. and I'm not sure why they moved them to translucent because you can't make out much detail on them now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1