Getting to Know You, March 2020 presented by MvM

12 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 16th:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery?

I get home from work at 2am on a good day. At that point my only option is to grab a fistful of some foodstuff and call it a snack.

Unless it's Friday. Then I'm stopping on my way home for greasy cheesesteaks ::P:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 - Hobbying for March Definitely lamb. I've spent the last couple months shoving a bunch of zbrush information into my brain and I'd love a break right now!   2 Middle of the road

I got to hang out with @Morihalda, and she's a pretty big deal.   I've also gotten to hang out with most of the Sculptors and Painters for Reaper.    So, yes. All the famous, and m

A decade or so ago I worked a trip on a super-yacht. (Owned by a complete and utter billionaire elfhole who I will not name. I ended up punching him after he started being nasty to the Filipino housem

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Loim said:

We should do a thread for quick easy meals.

A simple classic:

Step 1: Take one slice of bread.

Step 2: Add edible topping on bread.

Step 3: Consume.

Another quick favourite:

Step 1: Open bag of snacks.

Step 2: Consume contents of bag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I created a thread for the quick easy meals. This definitely needs to be added :D. 

3 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

A simple classic:

Step 1: Take one slice of bread.

Step 2: Add edible topping on bread.

Step 3: Consume.

Another quick favourite:

Step 1: Open bag of snacks.

Step 2: Consume contents of bag.

• Like 7
14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 16th:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery?

Most of my cooking is in the slow cooker or instant pot.  However, most of my cooking is also making all of my lunches for the work week at once.

When left to my own devices for a single night's dinner and I'm the only one I'm feeding, I'll usually just do something quick in the microwave.  I'm not above ordering pizza but it's expensive for one person and using the microwave takes less time (unless I think to order pizza when I'm about halfway home).

Odds are, though, that if I'm getting home late, I won't have time to hobby anyway.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

Ah, yes. The wearing of the orange.

@redambrosia has the right of it: baked potatoes, french fries, potato chips, potato pancakes, scrapple, hash browns, .... All the potatoes.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Potatoes are God’s perfect dirt apple. You can even make booze out of them if you are so inclined. 

Don’t get me wrong, there’s a couple ways of eating potatoes that I’m not as fond of (potato salad and the aforementioned booze), but I love potatoes. They’re my favorite food. I had baked potatoes tonight, and they were excellent.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

Poutine. In a skillet, Montreal style.  I've never had it, but I've seen pictures, and heard what the wallet damage was. 

I so want to try it some day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question for March 17th:

Cooked.

So long as cooking was involved I'm in. Roasting, mashing, vodka-ing, frying, hashing, boiling, I do not care. Potatoes are the one starch I miss and the one cheat I take when on keto, whether it be now or previous bouts.

I will slice them thin and fry them, I will roast it and eat it in my hand wrapped in a towel, I will smother it in chili and cheese and regret every life choice I've ever made.

A common side dish I make when lazy is the Pan of Potatoes. Serves 2 people, maybe 3. Cube and boil 1-2 pounds of potatoes until fork-ish tender. Meanwhile, fry at least one diced onion and 5 cloves garlic and a big spoon of butter. Drain potatoes. Add more butter to the frying pan and, once melted, dump the drained potatoes in. Shred or slice "enough" cheese while turning potatoes in the buttery goodness to give them some flavor. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese to frying pan and cut the heat, keep stirring until the cheese has melted all through the potatoes in a gigantic cheesy starchy oniony mass. Eat as a main or side dish. There are never leftovers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Question for March 17th:

Baked.

Pryngles®Pringles (not remembering how to spell those)

Boiled in Butter and Pepper.

NM's Pan of Potatoes will do.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Potato cakes. Boiled and mashed, add finely chopped onion and what ever left over green veg you fancy, Shape into 2" cakes and pan fry. 

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Ah, yes. The wearing of the orange.

@redambrosia has the right of it: baked potatoes, french fries, potato chips, potato pancakes, scrapple, hash browns, .... All the potatoes.

You really know how to start a fight, don't you Doug!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All The Ways.

Ninja'd in the first response!

In general I am not a fan of vegetables, but the potato I will gladly eat. It is also the bedrock of my scheme to rise to the title of Local Warlord of the post viral wasteland. The sigil of my kingdom shall be a coffee mug flanked by a pumpkin on the left and a potato on the right. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1